What Happened To Ticket Prices?

Every season, we purchase 4 tickets to a home game. Usually we sit around the 50 yard line, but WAY up high. The most we ever spent was $90 per seat (or maybe $100, sadly, I can't remember :lol: ).

This year, I am seeing these seats on the web at $135 each for the NE game on 10/22. What puzzles me about this is the fact that the team will almost certainly win but a few games, so why the big price increase?

I am under the impression that Mr. Wilson held down the price of tickets, and it seems wrong for ticket brokers to make this extra money instead of RW, especially with his misgivings about the CBA, staying in Buffalo, etc.

Hey, we will spend this amount if need be. We (so far) only go up once a year and quite frankly, $135 is more than worth it for the great time we have, but again, I don't understand the sudden, sharp increase in price to see a rebuilding team.

Can anyone explain this?

Here, and stubhub.

It is very hard (if not impossible) to get these seats from the box office for single games, so we stopped trying.

699517[/snapback]

Thats your problem, your trying to get tickets through glorified scalpers.

They are now aloud to charge 45% over the window ticket price legally now in New York State. So if you were saying you bought the tickets previously through RWS for $90, they are charging you the maximum they can through theses "Brokers"

Ticket prices increased very little in the offseason and I don't believe they have a ticket pricing like the Sabres where they charge differently depending on who the opponent is.

Individual game tickets don't go on sale until August.  This site is really suspect, IMO.

699528[/snapback]

Those could be season ticket holders selling extra tickets they purchased (The Bills do allow season ticket holder the ability to purcahse extrta tickets to games before the public, right?) or selling tickets to games they are not planning on attending so they sell the tickets to "Brokers" or put them up on those sites to sell the tickets.

Those could be season ticket holders selling extra tickets they purchased (The Bills do allow season ticket holder the ability to purcahse extrta tickets to games before the public, right?) or selling tickets to games they are not planning on attending so they sell the tickets to "Brokers" or put them up on those sites to sell the tickets.

699541[/snapback]

That, or a 'broker' who buys their own seasons. IIRC, a lot of the front of the upper deck season tix are held by bus-tour companies.

Bill, my two seats in sec. 109 went up a total of $80 this season - $4/seat/game - so that wouldn't account for the increase you're seeing. But the Pats game has been a tough ticket ever since their bandwagon filled up; we'll see what happens this year, now that they're not the defending champs...

Holy #&*!. I just clicked on your ticket link, and seats in my section are asking upwards of $200 each ?!?!? :lol:

Guess I'm missing the boat by actually going to the games...

Bills ought to put a rule on tickets that if you are selling your tickets regularly that you lose the right to buy extra tickets and if it is found that you are selling tickets as a broker to opposing fans without registering as such (via group sales), Bills ought to take away season tickets and sell them to its own fans.

I know some will say they opposing fans will come anyways but they ought to be sitting at back of stadium like opposing fans are at most stadiums.

Holy #&*!. I just clicked on your ticket link, and seats in my section are asking upwards of $200 each ?!?!?  :lol:

Guess I'm missing the boat by actually going to the games...

699706[/snapback]

They don't have any in my exact section, but the JK Club are $340 each. So I could sell three games and have my seasons paid for. My old seats (I've moved twice) are going for $105 and $125 each.

Can anyone explain this?

699512[/snapback]

Yes. Ticket brokers are legalized scalpers. Some teams in some leagues often sell them tix simply to resell at higher prices.

Great biz to go into apparently. Not sure what you'd have to do to become one.

Probably just have the cash to pay for a stack of tickets and be able to sell them

699835[/snapback]

Indeed... :o

700077[/snapback]

Yup -- call up the BB ticket office and tell them you want to buy 20 season tickets (without bothering to mention you'll be reselling them), and ask for the best seats available. Bet I know what their reply would be...

"Mastercard or Visa?"