So what are you grilling tomorrow?

So now I hate rich people? news to me

What I am saying is that those cars are bought so they can show off the fact they have the money to purchase that car. What is the reason for purchasing a $250,000+ dollar car that can go over 200 MPH that you will never come close to having a chance to test out. Or the point in buying an enormous 4x4 SUV that gives you pretty much the same gas mileage as a winnebago to drive yourself around the city? I'm sure most owners of a H1 or 2 or 3 bought the vehicle cause of its amazing offroad ability (which it does not have, stock cherokees make it about as far as an H2 would make it on a trail) just as I'm sure you would by a ferrari for its efficiency and ability to take your family out on the town.

If you have the money to buy one, good for you, buy one, I'm sure you want one for its practicality and not because people are going to be watching you drive away. As for me, I don't mind the "econo crap" as you call them because they serve their purpose, they are affordable somewhat fuel efficient vehicle to get you from point A to point B. But I guess that means I am just jealous cause I don't own a Ferrari or Hummer.

Or you are just envious of and defending people who have them because you so desperately want one cause you need something to help compensate for your "short comings"?

And sorry to burst your theory, but I have a job and do well, I'm not loaded but I'm not collecting a welfare check either

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AP does have a point here...What really is the purpose of a SUV? How many owners of a 4x4 or an H2/H3 go off-roading and such?

700821[/snapback]

Good point. Kind of like those who drive Honda Fits. How many of them are actually Shriners?

Or you are just envious of and defending people who have them because you so desperately want one cause you need something to help compensate for your "short comings"?

700817[/snapback]

For a moment there you were almost coherent, and then you again have to come up with this childish generalization.

You can count the number of people who drive $250K cars on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher. But there are a lot of people driving BMW 7 series and 8 series, or Hummer 1 or 2 or 3, or Ferraris or Porche 911s, and for you to automatically assume it's because they have small cocks, then you must clearly think that driving a piece of schitt automobile lets the world know that you have a giant rooster? I believe that would be referred to as "brilliant lah-jik."

Once again, instead of assuming you know why people buy what they buy and do what they do, perhaps you should speak to some of them. Maybe they have boats, water jets, campers, ATVs, horses, etc. and they want a vehicle that can get them where they want to go. But apparently the only thing that person has going on in their life is happening at the one moment you pass them on the !@#$ing street.

As to why people own SUVs, I suggest you have a child first, and take that child around running errands for the day, and you'll no longer wonder why so many people drive them.

I swear I am stunned at how many people believe the world only exists when they are present.

What I am saying is that those cars are bought so they can show off the fact they have the money to purchase that car. What is the reason for purchasing a $250,000+ dollar car that can go over 200 MPH that you will never come close to having a chance to test out.

700817[/snapback]

People who purchase $250k cars do so because they can. If you made several million dollars a year would you drive a Hyundai? Of course not. Heve you ever ridden in a car worth $100k or more? A pretty damn nice ride if you ask me. There are tons of people that purchase cars that much and ask who to make the check out to, it's nothing to them. You earn luxury you live luxury. Don't be jealous.

Man, if I was rich I'd buy the best auto-insurance and an 18 wheeler no not a isuzu, a kenworth..Then I would find an upscale shopping center and wipe-out all those foreign vehicles while listening to born in the usa. Thats my dream :lol:

Yeah, what he said!

How did Memorial Day backyard grilling turn into rooster fighting? :lol:

700839[/snapback]

I had an important and eloquent post, honed by my in-depth knowledge of all things automotive and my keen eye of history and human foible, and natural tendency to diffuse silly conflict - but I hit an inadvertant key, and away it went.

I had my brand new 1998 6-ft bed, 4 cyl S-10 for 1 month, when somebody stoved in the driver's side door in a parking lot while I was shopping. It happened a day or so after I washed and waxed it. I've done neither since, fearing another abuse. :D

I had an important and eloquent post, honed by my in-depth knowledge of all things automotive and my keen eye of history and human foible, and natural tendency to diffuse silly conflict - but I hit an inadvertant key, and away it went.

700853[/snapback]

Your eloquence is unmatched :D:lol:

BTW, I havent heard of any more gator attacks. More to come Mortiky!!

What I am saying is that those cars are bought so they can show off the fact they have the money to purchase that car. What is the reason for purchasing a $250,000+ dollar car that can go over 200 MPH that you will never come close to having a chance to test out. Or the point in buying an enormous 4x4 SUV that gives you pretty much the same gas mileage as a winnebago to drive yourself around the city? I'm sure most owners of a H1 or 2 or 3 bought the vehicle cause of its amazing offroad ability (which it does not have, stock cherokees make it about as far as an H2 would make it on a trail) just as I'm sure you would by a ferrari for its efficiency and ability to take your family out on the town.

If you have the money to buy one, good for you, buy one, I'm sure you want one for its practicality and not because people are going to be watching you drive away. As for me, I don't mind the "econo crap" as you call them because they serve their purpose, they are affordable somewhat fuel efficient vehicle to get you from point A to point B. But I guess that means I am just jealous cause I don't own a Ferrari or Hummer.

And sorry to burst your theory, but I have a job and do well, I'm not loaded but I'm not collecting a welfare check either

700817[/snapback]

First of all, you can test your car since there are race tracks all around North America where you could.

Second of all, like LABillz said, try driving around with kids all day and I'd prefer something much more comfortable.

Third, people do speed, especially in Germany where there is the limitless autobahn and other parts. Noone buy a car to drive it normally, and that is why aftermarket car companies are making a killer as well.

So in one sence, I do agree with you. Yes there are people who buy nice cars just to bring up their image. But once again it is their money. I know that if i'd have that kind of money, I'd be driving around in a 250K car because I enjoy driving and I enjoy it even more hitting 200 MPH.

Just don't try to do it alone. There are professionals who will assist you. :lol:

700849[/snapback]

The amazing thing is that in Orange County we're surrounded by it. Next to us on the dock over Memorial weekend there was a couple living out our retirement dream. They leave this fall to meet their sailboat in the UVI to spend the winter sailing around the islands. We plan on meeting them their next April. Hmmm, I wonder who's handling their finances. Don't know who is now, but know who will be soon. :D

The amazing thing is that in Orange County we're surrounded by it.  Next to us on the dock over Memorial weekend there was a couple living out our retirement dream.  They leave this fall to meet their sailboat in the UVI to spend the winter sailing around the islands.  We plan on meeting them their next April.  Hmmm, I wonder who's handling their finances.  Don't know who is now, but know who will be soon.  :D

700876[/snapback]

You people and your gas-guzzling boats. There's an entire ocean full of people with small dicks. :lol: