Can the Sabres force game 7?

Sabres will DEFINITELY force a Game 7.

699464[/snapback]

I agree. And I think the Sabres will take the Canes in Game 7 too....

I still cannot believe that penalty call on JP....

Still, Sabres have to find a way to hold onto a 3-1 lead....

But I like the chances the Sabres were able to get in this game...proves they can get things done in Carolina....first things first...let's win at home and get this thing back to Raleigh.

I hate to say it but I think were done.  The Canes have definitely outplayed us.

699462[/snapback]

Wow, I think, all things considered, the Sabres played very well tonight. I think they will force a game 7. Carolina has outplayed the Sabres at times, but so too have the Sabres out played Carolina.

Even if a lot of fans quit on this team, I don't think they will go down without a major fight. The Sabres had plenty of opportunities to win this game, and they earned them. Hell, Buffalo even had the better of the play in OT, until Dumonts' (questionable) penalty. If Afinagenov scored on that breakaway at the end, are you one of those who would insist the Sabres were "lucky to win"? This series is not over, and it is just that close.

Don't be shocked to see the Sabres playing Edmonton next week, for all the marbles...

I agree.  And I think the Sabres will take the Canes in Game 7 too....

I still cannot believe that penalty call on JP....

Still, Sabres have to find a way to hold onto a 3-1 lead....

But I like the chances the Sabres were able to get in this game...proves they can get things done in Carolina....first things first...let's win at home and get this thing back to Raleigh.

699470[/snapback]

...and also JP needs to do much more than cherry pick for 3 periods. He's done nothing but in this series

In the case of tonight. Outscored would be the word to use.

699479[/snapback]

Not the least of which because Ward was a !@#$ing wizard between the pipes. :lol:

Still...although the offense obviously did much better this game than last, Carolina was still too effective in the Sabres' defensive zone and managed to put a lot of consistent pressure on Miller. I said to myself a few games ago, when Tallinder went out, it'll be a lot to ask for this team to hold Carolina to three or less per game with three top defensemen out...and it's a lot to ask this team to score more than three per game against Carolina with the forwards being fed the puck across center ice by the Rochester Amerks. :lol: So far, that's just how it's turning out...which doesn't exactly make me confident that, while the Sabres may be able to take one of the next two (obviously, that would have to be Tuesday's) from Carolina, they can't take both.

I like to think they could force a game 7. The thing that troubles me is that for the past 2 games, the opportunities have been there but the pucks haven't gotten in the net. This game should have been won 3 times before JP got that penalty, Afinagenov's break away and two point blank chances in OT. Also, the lack of power play production troubles me.

Anything can happen. This is still a very good team, I just hope they're not done. I like our chances in a game 7 if we can get there.

RTB

Sabres will DEFINITELY force a Game 7.

699464[/snapback]

They definitely have the talent to do it at home (even with 1/2 of the D in the press box).

Will they? I have no friggin' idea, but I know I will be there screaming my fool head off along with 18,689 other maniacs.

It's been a great run. I hope to see it last another 2 or so weeks.

This team seems to relish the underdog role. Well, they have it now and unless Carolina suffers a major injury will have it if Game 7 is necessary as well. Maybe Lindy has the Canes right where he wants them. (PLEASE let that be the case.)