Game 5: Sabres @ Hurricanes, 7:30 EST

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I say?  3-1 good guys.

699395[/snapback]

:o

I was just about to go back and help you with that prediction....

Gerber baby to the bench.

Man, since that last goal Sabres look they are playing a man down.

699402[/snapback]

I love this team. But this happened in the ottawa series, and now in this one as well. I wish the sabres would stop giving up goals right after scoring one themselves. Its almost like when they score and gain a 1 goal or more lead, then suffer a bit of a let down. I suppose you can chalk that up to inexperience.

I'm gonna vomit.

699407[/snapback]

Whats hilarious is I just came back to check the score, saw that JSP posted last and figured "Yep...Carolina tied it back up. Joe never posts unless its something he can complain about" :o

Sabres GOT to start getting in Ward's face...they are playing back on their heels again and its killing them. Carolina was smart to pull Gerber when they did though, talk about a team with the sudden momentum.

Man, it's just nice to see exciting hockey again. Especially this close to the final. So nice not to have to sit and watch suffacating defence featuring the Devils or some boring crap team that we used to have to watch at this stage of the playoffs. Great game. Lots of chances, nice plays and yes, hitting. Not the clutch and grab excuse for "physical" hockey. Way to go to both these teams.

Does the Sabres power play exist anymore?

This teams needs to learn to kick a team when it's down or it's not going to win the cup, and they're running out of time to learn that. I know a battered D doesn't help, but find some killer instinct boys.

Does the Sabres power play exist anymore?

This teams needs to learn to kick a team when it's down or it's not going to win the cup, and they're running out of time to learn that. I know a battered D doesn't help, but find some killer instinct boys.

699413[/snapback]

ypu, this mirrors my post a little bit ago. When they get a lead, they need to step on the throat of their opponent. Too many times they have just relaxed and allowed the 'canes/sens/flyers back in the game. It'll come with experience. But i have faith in them. Miller can swipe a game at any time. And i think lindy and drury will rally the troops.

Go Sabres!!!

Obviously people are going to be disappointed we gave up our lead, but on the plus side the Sabres towards the end of the period calmed down and looked to return to their level of hockey. They FINALLY started get some shots on Ward towards the end of the period, which they need to really pour it on like they did to Gerber if they expect to win.

Its a shame that this team is SO prone to giving up goals after they score them, apparently they like to torture us all by playing such tight games :o

In the third, its time for the Sabres to man up. This game is probably the hardest they've had all year, I truly feel that...they've got to get back to playing their game.

Obviously people are going to be disappointed we gave up our lead, but on the plus side the Sabres towards the end of the period calmed down and looked to return to their level of hockey.  They FINALLY started get some shots on Ward towards the end of the period, which they need to really pour it on like they did to Gerber if they expect to win. 

Its a shame that this team is SO prone to giving up goals after they score them, apparently they like to torture us all by playing such tight games  :o

In the third, its time for the Sabres to man up.  This game is probably the hardest they've had all year, I truly feel that...they've got to get back to playing their game.

699416[/snapback]

And I feel imo that Gerber is better than Ward for what it's worth.