Sabres Perspective

Imagine this: I travel back in time to last September and tell all you wonderful Buffalonians that come late May, the Sabres will be tied 2-2 in the Eastern Conference Finals. Even if I added in the info about the team's current health problems, you'd have to love that.

Hell, imagine I go back in time a few years when the team was bankrupt and possibly on its way out of town and tell you the same thing.

This season has been a gift to WNY after years of horrible play by the Sabres and Bills. Makes us remember why we love sports so much in this region.

We're still in this; let's enjoy it. Yeah, we got our butts kicked tonight but that's because NONE of our best players stepped up their games. We can still make this happen.

Imagine this:  I travel back in time to last September and tell all you wonderful Buffalonians that come late May, the Sabres will be tied 2-2 in the Eastern Conference Finals.  Even if I added in the info about the team's current health problems, you'd have to love that.

Hell, imagine I go back in time a few years when the team was bankrupt and possibly on its way out of town and tell you the same thing.

This season has been a gift to WNY after years of horrible play by the Sabres and Bills.  Makes us remember why we love sports so much in this region.

We're still in this; let's enjoy it.  Yeah, we got our butts kicked tonight but that's because NONE of our best players stepped up their games.  We can still make this happen.

698951[/snapback]

No, no, no, these guys suck and have always sucked. Miller sucks. Briere sucks. Darcy sucks for not picking up three starting quality defensemen at the deadline. Get with the goddamned program. :o

No, no, no, these guys suck and have always sucked.  Miller sucks.  Briere sucks.  Darcy sucks for not picking up three starting quality defensemen at the deadline.  Get with the goddamned program.  :o

698953[/snapback]

As everyone knows, the only true way to support your team is to give up on them constantly. :doh:

As everyone knows, the only true way to support your team is to give up on them constantly. :o

698956[/snapback]

Indeed.

Look, I feel terrible tonight. But I'm still going to listen to Jeanerret's call on Sunday and be really, really excited to hear my team play for the top prize in the sport.

I suggest the rest do the same!

Imagine this:  I travel back in time to last September and tell all you wonderful Buffalonians that come late May, the Sabres will be tied 2-2 in the Eastern Conference Finals.  Even if I added in the info about the team's current health problems, you'd have to love that.

This season has been a gift to WNY after years of horrible play by the Sabres and Bills.  Makes us remember why we love sports so much in this region.

We're still in this; let's enjoy it.  Yeah, we got our butts kicked tonight but that's because NONE of our best players stepped up their games.  We can still make this happen.

698951[/snapback]

While I'm at it, can I imgaine kicking your ass for getting my hopes up but withholding that the Sabres three top defensement are out? Because, like it or not, there is a world of difference between being tied 2-2 in the conference finals with a healthy defense, and being tied 2-2 in the conference finals with a patchwork defense.

I'm not giving up. I'll be there Sunday night in my road whites, and I'm hoping for the return of Teppo to bring some stability to the blue line.

Believe it or not, the Sabres still have a chance to win this thing. Gerber is NOT an all-world goalie, despite his performance in the 1st period last night.

Gotta keep the faith.

At least we're there - a place NO ONE expected us to be.  Lady Luck took a walk when we needed some company.  It sucks sure, but we could be Leafs' fans.

699022[/snapback]

And I'm not complaining about being there. I'm not even complaining much about losing have the defense to injury.

I am, however, complaining about pollyannas who insist that I'm a fairweather fan for realizing that losing half the defense to injury is, in fact, a bad thing. :o

698951[/snapback]

If you had told me the Sabres would be in the conference finals, there's a slight chance I would've believed you. Before the year, I pictured them in their normal spot- 7th or 8th in the conference- but Lindy has been known to push the right playoff buttons. I suppose with some hot goaltending it would not have been out of the question.

However, if you had told me in September that our chances of winning the Stanley Cup took a crushing blow when Tim Connolly and Teppo Numminen went out of the lineup, I would've thought you were high. I will be the first to say I did not expect much out of either one. Now they are two of the irreplacables.

Good post, SnR.

If you had told me the Sabres would be in the conference finals, there's a slight chance I would've believed you.  Before the year, I pictured them in their normal spot- 7th or 8th in the conference- but Lindy has been known to push the right playoff buttons.  I suppose with some hot goaltending it would not have been out of the question.

However, if you had told me in September that our chances of winning the Stanley Cup took a crushing blow when Tim Connolly and Teppo Numminen went out of the lineup, I would've thought you were high.  I will be the first to say I did not expect much out of either one.  Now they are two of the irreplacables.

Good post, SnR.

699046[/snapback]

Some good perspective of course.

My feeling is I can't wait for them to get back on the ice after this one.

And I'm not complaining about being there.  I'm not even complaining much about losing have the defense to injury.

I am, however, complaining about pollyannas who insist that I'm a fairweather fan for realizing that losing half the defense to injury is, in fact, a bad thing.  :o

699041[/snapback]

It's obvious the Sabres have you flustered...just look at your have-assed grammar.

I really don't think there were folks complaining about you, but if you took offense, then....

Neither of these teams have shown the capacity to put two top games in a row...that's what I'm hoping right now at least. If the Sabres continue to win every other game, then they can advance.

And if this is the end for the Sabres, then yes, I thank them for the ride. It's been a blast.

Thanks for the post SnR.

While I'm at it, can I imgaine kicking your ass for getting my hopes up but withholding that the Sabres three top defensement are out?  Because, like it or not, there is a world of difference between being tied 2-2 in the conference finals with a healthy defense, and being tied 2-2 in the conference finals with a patchwork defense.

699017[/snapback]

I didn't withhold that three top defensemen were out, I just said I didn't care. I don't think Teppo will be back this series in a way that he can log lots of ice time so the team we had last night is probably the team we use for the next 3 games.

The Buffalo mentality is "Don't expect anything good to happen because you'll just feel stupid when it doesn't." I say !@#$ that. Just enjoy the games and believe in your team. They didn't get this far by accident.

Last week I said Sabres in six and technically they're still on track for that. It just means someone on the team is going to have to step up and be a hero right about now. That definitely didn't happen last night.

(I do deserve an ass-kicking for being so completely wrong yesterday afternoon.)

And I'm not complaining about being there.  I'm not even complaining much about losing have the defense to injury.

I am, however, complaining about pollyannas who insist that I'm a fairweather fan for realizing that losing half the defense to injury is, in fact, a bad thing.  :o

699041[/snapback]

You still dont get it, do you? Losing our top 3 D-men isnt what has killed us. Obviuosly, losing them just exposed miller for the fraud he is. :doh: