Game 4, are you ready?

!@#$.  That's all I gotta say.  I'll be there Sunday night, cheering, but this game doesn't give me a whole lotta confidence.

698923[/snapback]

Let's hope they don't get pummelled like thye did tonight. Make it a damn game at least.

This is the worst loss by a Buffalo team since the abomination in Miami.

That laviolette is a hell of a strategic thinker.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sum B word. time to nut up in game 5 boys. problem is, i dont know how much longer we can keep chugging with all these injuries. And dammit, all these sh-- goals by carovagina piss me off.

!@#$.  That's all I gotta say.  I'll be there Sunday night, cheering, but this game doesn't give me a whole lotta confidence.

698923[/snapback]

Hate to sound like your typical negative Buffalonian, but this series seems like its already over. Losing 3 of your top defensemen is ludicrous, but being shut out at home for 4 straight periods? :o Carolina now owns the Sabres physically and mentally.

Joe,

you're making this thread as ugly as the game. Christ, you can be negative without being such a whiney troll. You're upset with the team, I get it, I got it the first 14,000 times.

Anyway, I didn't see effort as a big problem tonight. The first couple periods was the Ottawa series in reverse. Fairly evenly played, they got better goaltending. Miller has proven he can play on the road - I like his chances of playing a B+/A- game in Game 5. Couple that with possibly Numminen and/or Connolly coming back, and I don't see this series as over. Gerber getting hot is certainly disturbing; we have to get to him early next game.

Joe,

you're making this thread as ugly as the game.  Christ, you can be negative without being such a whiney troll.  You're upset with the team, I get it, I got it the first 14,000 times.

Anyway, I didn't see effort as a big problem tonight.  The first couple periods was the Ottawa series in reverse.  Fairly evenly played, they got better goaltending.  Miller has proven he can play on the road - I like his chances of playing a B+/A- game in Game 5.  Couple that with possibly Numminen and/or Connolly coming back, and I don't see this series as over.  Gerber getting hot is certainly disturbing; we have to get to him early next game.

698937[/snapback]

Hell, I'm not THAT bad tonight.

:o

I am, but Miller isn't. How's he looking tonight, huh?

698831[/snapback]

It's really getting tired, JSP. When he looks good, he looks good. When he doesn't, he doesn't. It doesn't mean he sucks, and it doesn't mean he's all-world. But we wouldn't be here without him.

It's really getting tired, JSP.  When he looks good, he looks good.  When he doesn't, he doesn't.  It doesn't mean he sucks, and it doesn't mean he's all-world.  But we wouldn't be here without him.

698950[/snapback]

He just wasn't that great tonight.

Then again, I didn't think anyone stepped up their game.

He just wasn't that great tonight. 

Then again, I didn't think anyone stepped up their game.

698952[/snapback]

Agreed.

Again, I'm not going to seriously question Ruff. He's the man for a reason.

BUT, and this is a big question to me: Jillson seemed to do better the other night when paired with Rory. Now granted, Rory isn't exactly the most seasoned vet, but the fact is, he's more comfortable out there than Janik. Why pair the two newbies? Why not put Lydman with Janik / Paetsch? Wouldn't it be better to have the callups paired with the vets / guys with more playoff experience to make life easier on all of them?

And while Janik looked better than he did in Game 2, I still see no reason to commit to him for Game 5.

Teppo, Teppo, PLEASE come back!

Agreed.

Again, I'm not going to seriously question Ruff.  He's the man for a reason.

BUT, and this is a big question to me:  Jillson seemed to do better the other night when paired with Rory.  Now granted, Rory isn't exactly the most seasoned vet, but the fact is, he's more comfortable out there than Janik.  Why pair the two newbies?  Why not put Lydman with Janik / Paetsch?  Wouldn't it be better to have the callups paired with the vets / guys with more playoff experience to make life easier on all of them?

And while Janik looked better than he did in Game 2, I still see no reason to commit to him for Game 5.

Teppo, Teppo, PLEASE come back!

698955[/snapback]

Well, if Teppo can't do everything he needs to do (and supposedly he's having trouble *turning* on the ice....), then he won't do any good as Diet Teppo.

I thought Janik played well and Jillson looked lousy on the first and third goals.

And I actually thought it might be a good idea (though it didn't turn out that way) to put Janik and Jillson together since they may have played together in Rochester.

I didn't think defense was the problem. No one stepped up to win the battles on offense and the shots we did have (the ones that hit the net) were shot right into Gerber's chest starting late in the first period. It's like the team got super deflated once they were down 2-0. I didn't even feel too bad at that point since there was so much time left, but things deteriorated.

Well, if Teppo can't do everything he needs to do (and supposedly he's having trouble *turning* on the ice....), then he won't do any good as Diet Teppo.

I thought Janik played well and Jillson looked lousy on the first and third goals.

And I actually thought it might be a good idea (though it didn't turn out that way) to put Janik and Jillson together since they may have played together in Rochester.

I didn't think defense was the problem.  No one stepped up to win the battles on offense and the shots we did have (the ones that hit the net) were shot right into Gerber's chest starting late in the first period.  It's like the team got super deflated once they were down 2-0.  I didn't even feel too bad at that point since there was so much time left, but things deteriorated.

698959[/snapback]

I think the D was a little lackadaisacal, and there were some points where things Tallinder does (like feeding it to the forwards off a rebound while they're on the burst to take advantage of their speed) were REALLY missed.

The D wasn't piss-poor, but Jillson hurt us a few times as you mention, and that was all the Canes needed.

They do need to be much more aggressive on the forecheck. When they are (see Game 3: second period) they simply look awesome. When they aren't, well, exhibit A is tonight's 4-0 drubbing.

I think the D was a little lackadaisacal, and there were some points where things Tallinder does (like feeding it to the forwards off a rebound while they're on the burst to take advantage of their speed) were REALLY missed.

The D wasn't piss-poor, but Jillson hurt us a few times as you mention, and that was all the Canes needed.

They do need to be much more aggressive on the forecheck.  When they are (see Game 3: second period) they simply look awesome.  When they aren't, well, exhibit A is tonight's 4-0 drubbing.

698962[/snapback]

The forecheck sucked but it didn't seem like the D was pinching enough (or very well) and that hurt.

If they were holding back because they were worried about playing strong D in Tallinder's absence, that was a big mistake.

I hate to say it...but my hopes for a Stanley Cup were just deflated. The Canes have ALL the momentum now, and I've come to the conclusion that we simply wont get healthy enough for the rest of the season. Connolly wont be back, neither will Kalinin or Tallinder. Teppo might stumble in during Game 6, but who really knows with him and that injury?

Gerber played outstanding tonight.

The Sabres Defense was pathetic.

The series is headed into Carolina, following a brutal home shutout and tossing the Sabres around like they were the Penguins.

I'm not giving up by any means, but at the same time I think every fan has to realize that the injuries have caught up with the Sabres. It sucks if it ends this way, thats all I can say.

I really want to believe they can turn it around, but I got this feeling in the pit of my stomach that they've finally tapped the well dry of magic.

I would stab myself in the eye if I was ever forced to watch a Sabres game with you...

698971[/snapback]

If I didn't love 'ol Joe quite as much I'd be tempted to say the ear would serve as a better primary target.