Game 4, are you ready?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is it. Time to see if this team has any balls at all. Looks like they got a case of Bills-itis.

698878[/snapback]

Are you even watching the game? Balls don't help much when your defenders can't block shots, play in position, avoid screening their own goalie, or even pass to the wings on transition or clear their own zone. This defense is just too damned wounded...

Are you even watching the game?  Balls don't help much when your defenders can't block shots, play in position, avoid screening their own goalie, or even pass to the wings on transition or clear their own zone.  This defense is just too damned wounded...

698894[/snapback]

Excuses. I'm sick of them from Buffalo teams, how about you?

YOU HAVE TO PLAY. Can't just show up at home and skate around.

So, you think they didnt try? <_<

698899[/snapback]

Sure didn't look like it in the 2nd.

And this power play looks like sh--. YOU HAVE TO SHOOT THE PUCK.

I mean, since everyone here thinks that long shots are so difficult. :blink:

Sure didn't look like it in the 2nd.

698900[/snapback]

Did you ever play Ice Hockey?

Some might say, that you're full of shiit.

That would be me.

They got out played. It has nothing to do with heart. !@#$ off. :blink:<_<

So, you think they didnt try? <_<

698899[/snapback]

Today, they're not. They're being out-skated, out-shot, and out-hit. The reason that Gerber looks so good is because, while the Sabres are getting shots on him, they're not getting any pressure...and part of that's the excusably lousy play from the defense...and part's the fact that, on any play, you can find a couple of guys in Carolina's zone not skating. Joe's right.

He's still an idiot. He just happens to be right. I'm sure it's an accident... :blink:

Please -- somebody better beat this pos Gerber before this game is over.  Otherwise, there's gonna be a lot psychological crap to overcome for game 5.

698906[/snapback]

Not gonna happen. The offensive production is putrid today. SOME of the forwards are playing their hearts out...but every chance is from one direction, easy for Gerber to block, and not enough sustained pressure. Anyone else notice how Gerber hasn't needed to move from post to post today?

Not gonna happen.  The offensive production is putrid today.  SOME of the forwards are playing their hearts out...but every chance is from one direction, easy for Gerber to block, and not enough sustained pressure.  Anyone else notice how Gerber hasn't needed to move from post to post today?

698909[/snapback]

Yeah, it hasn't happened, except for one shot Hecht had where Gerber had to move across; he shot it right into him. But anything against him, even flukey would help for the next game. If not, we're talking 5+ periods without a goal and that could start getting into their heads.

:blink:

Thanks, I needed that.

698913[/snapback]

Actually, though, he does seem to have settled down some since the first period. Problem now is, he needs to score four goals to win... <_<

And it's hard to believe that Carolina has ONE shot in the third. Seems like Miller's been under pressure all period so far. Yet more evidence of precisely how awful the defense is tonight.