My favorite song....

ajzepp

the Lips are and have been great for a long time.  My fave album of theirs is The Soft Bulletin.  Do yourself the favor of checking it out.  Their records are so well-produced, too.  Dave Fridmann is making some of the wildest-sounding rock albums going right now.  I think when his time is done he'll be viewed the way people see George Martin these days -- a true innovator.

Don't let Tom razz ya.  A lot of guys around here think Eric Johnson and Steve Vai still rock.  :P

698958[/snapback]

I had never even heard of the Lips until about two months ago. The guy who sold me my speakers sends me an email one night saying, "you've gotta go pick up this new Flaming LIps album....it sounds AMAZING on a good system!". I went out and picked it up that night, and I"ve been a fan since :o

I'll definitely take your advice and pick up The Soft Bulletin next....I'm glad you said that, cause I was trying to figure out which way to go with it. I had the same question about Van Morrison and everyone said get "moondance". That was good advice, so I'm sure yours is good too :doh: TBDers have awesome taste in music, so I really appreciate when you guys chime in with some suggestions for me. Seriously, I've added a lot of really good stuff because of you guys!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, yeah, it's very werid....but it grows on ya :doh:

698839[/snapback]

They do have some of the most creative song titles though. "The Wizard Turns On...The Giant Silver Flashlight And Puts On His Werewolf Moccasins" :o

My favorite right now is probably Rehab "We Live" from the album "Graffiti The World"

It's cooooooool.

698973[/snapback]

cool, another band I've never heard of....what kind of music is it? rock?

You guys ever heard of Rocky DeLuca and the Burden? They were on Carson Daly last night when I was playing poker.....I liked what I heard

cool, another band I've never heard of....what kind of music is it? rock?

698978[/snapback]

REHAB

Kinda a mix of rock and hip hop...they're white dudes from Atlanta. Some of the songs are mostly rock and some are half hip hop. But you should definitely check out "Graffiti The World" and "Southern Discomfort" those 2 albums kick ass. If you can't find em I could send them to you...I'm curious to know what you think of em... :lol:

REHAB

Kinda a mix of rock and hip hop...they're white dudes from Atlanta. Some of the songs are mostly rock and some are half hip hop. But you should definitely check out "Graffiti The World" and "Southern Discomfort" those 2 albums kick ass. If you can't find em I could send them to you...I'm curious to know what you think of em... :lol:

699493[/snapback]

Cool, I've added them to my Amazon list....hopefully I'll have some damn audio on my computer in the near future and I can give 'em a listen!

"Days Go By" by Bruce Robison...amazing songwriter....

699478[/snapback]

I just read a bit on him from Amazon.....sounds like a pretty damn talented guy! Looks like Days Go By is on his newest album. Is that the one you feel is best?

Your favorite song? You're kidding right? With the tens, no hundreds of thousands of songs ever written you can actually say you have a favorite? I wouldn't even know where to begin to answer that question. I can't even give you my favorite genre of music, it changes depending on what I'm doing and even that's not a constant.

Cool, I've added them to my Amazon list....hopefully I'll have some damn audio on my computer in the near future and I can give 'em a listen!

699572[/snapback]

Actually, his newest album is called "Eleven Stories", one of which is "Days Go By"....great song...

Your favorite song?  You're kidding right?  With the tens, no hundreds of thousands of songs ever written you can actually say you have a favorite?  I wouldn't even know where to begin to answer that question.  I can't even give you my favorite genre of music, it changes depending on what I'm doing and even that's not a constant.

699669[/snapback]

Just semantics.....I've got LOTS of favorite songs, just like most of us do. It's just a song that I've been listening to a lot right now, that's all.