Sippy Cup Nation

No kidding, I just got this email at work...

Subject: Lids for the coffee cups

Beginning immediately we are requiring that everyone begin using lids for all beverages.

Thank you for supporting this policy in keeping the Atlanta office safe for all of us.

-Your safety committee

<_< I don't want to brag, but since the age of 3 or 4, I haven't really considered beverages a significant threat to my well-being. I guess I'm just really tough that way.

Subject:  Lids for the coffee cups

Beginning immediately we are requiring that everyone begin using lids for all beverages.

Thank you for supporting this policy in keeping the Atlanta office safe for all of us.

-Your safety committee

<_< I don't want to brag, but since the age of 3 or 4, I haven't really considered beverages a significant threat to my well-being.  I guess I'm just really tough that way.

698418[/snapback]

Do they allow you to drink your milk from the carton at lunch, or do you hafta use a straw?

About two years ago, I got a similar email. There were some coffee stains on the kitchen floors. The maintenance guy figured that if he supplied lids, that would rectify the problem. He did not realize that the spills probably occurred when the coffee was being poured into the cup. Also, most folks use their own coffee cup rather than the styrofoam ones in the kitchens.

So now we have these cup-top dispensers in each kitchen that no one uses. The stains appear from time to time. The maintenance guy was fired.

And so it goes.

About two years ago, I got a similar email.  There were some coffee stains on the kitchen floors.  The maintenance guy figured that if he supplied lids, that would rectify the problem.  He did not realize that the spillsprobably occurred when the coffee was being poured into the cup.  Also, most folks use their own coffee cup rather than the styrofoam ones in the kitchens.

So now we have these cup-top dispensers in each kitchen that no one uses.  The stains appear from time to time.  The maintenace guy was fired.

And so it goes.

698450[/snapback]

Nice. Very Vonnegut-esque.

Do they allow you to drink your milk from the carton at lunch, or do you hafta use a straw?

698446[/snapback]

There was a traumatic incident regarding this, for which I am currently receiving counseling through our Employee Assistance Program. Therefore, I am not at liberty to discuss the specifics, in accordance with our confidentiality policy.

-Your safety committee

<_< I don't want to brag, but since the age of 3 or 4, I haven't really considered beverages a significant threat to my well-being.  I guess I'm just really tough that way.

698418[/snapback]

And to avoid accidents in the hallways, please wear your orange high-visibility safety vest while walking.

:blink:

Who do you work for? I'm shorting their stock...

-Your safety committee

698418[/snapback]

Consider it a blessing. Now pour that 4:45 martini into your travel mug and start the weekend early.

And to avoid accidents in the hallways, please wear your orange high-visibility safety vest while walking. 

698483[/snapback]

We tried that--there were issues with the reflectors causing seizures in approximately 2% of our staff. Not to mention the chafing! We lost a lot of good men out there.

And don't forget to put the paper sanitary guard on the toilet seat before you rock a deuce!

698452[/snapback]

<_< I grab a few from work and use them in clothes gift boxes for Xmas gifts. Same material the stores use....right?

Tissue paper: The Ultimate in Ass Protection/Germ Warfare

<_< I grab a few from work and use them in clothes gift boxes for Xmas gifts. Same material the stores use....right?

Tissue paper: The Ultimate in Ass Protection/Germ Warfare

698512[/snapback]

That's the stuff! Same thing the grocery store provides to grab donuts with!

So many uses, it was probably invented in the Research Triangle.

That's the stuff!  Same thing the grocery store provides to grab donuts with! 

So many uses, it was probably invented in the Research Triangle.

698514[/snapback]

With all thos PhDs it was only a matter of time before they solved the world's problems. Next up...how to flush an automatic toilet without shuffling to the front of the stall.

So now we have these cup-top dispensers in each kitchen that no one uses.  The stains appear from time to time.  The maintenace guy was fired.

And so it goes.

698450[/snapback]

That's a really sad story, Mr. Vonnegut!

<_<:blink:

-Your safety committee

698418[/snapback]

I would say !@#$ it and cruise around the office with a camel pack or a Daniel Boone type canteen or something.