Jerry Sullivan

Honestly, going into this series I had no ill will toward the Carolina fans and journalists. Now I absolutely can't stand them. They are the biggest bunch of whiners I've ever seen. Constant complaints about Buffalo fans and dismissive remarks about the game of hockey. Whining about diving, penalties, even the HSBC ice.

Jerry hits the nail on the head for a lot of Buffalonians. We have a lot more connection to Canadian tradition than we do with frickin Carolina.

Give me Molson or give me death.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060526/1010931.asp

Jeez, what got his panties in a wad?

698390[/snapback]

Ned Barnett, D.B.

(The D.B. stands for douche bag)

His column on Wednesday said:

-People from Buffalo aren't smart

-People from Buffalo think they're hockey experts

-There's no such thing as a hockey expert because hockey is simple

-All you have to do in hockey is score more goals

-No one cares about hockey anyway

-The players have funny names

And this was a column about the local team in the hockey playoffs in a major newspaper.

That could quite possibly be the worst thing I've ever read from him. The only thing that could have made it worse would be if he tried to make it all rhyme in iambic pentameter.

Yo, Jerry, nice job dropping lower than snakeschitt to write a column that makes absolutely no sense and yet still manages to offend people. It takes a mighty stupid man to wield a keyboard that dangerously.

what a tool, way to insult and stereotype a bunch of people. Lest he forgets, a number of the dookie lax players are from long island, not north carolina. Caoch K cut his teeth at west point, again in NY. Last time I watched nascar, i did not see any team crew members in overalls, and yes there is more to nascar than just driving in ovals, I haven't discovered what it is yet, but I have been told. And weren't a number of y'all complaining about the officiating just last week in the ottawa series? So the hurricaines argue and it is whining? Get a grip

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060526/1010931.asp

Jeez, what got his panties in a wad?

698390[/snapback]

I'm so sick of the Hurricane/Carolina apologists on these BUFFALO Bills boards. The Ottawa officiating was downright atrocious. In fact the main refs in both of the most outrageous games are no longer officiating in the playoffs as a result.

Sorry that Jerry hit a little too close to home for some of you.

i am neither a carolina resident or native, nor a hockey fan, so i cannot speak of anything intellegently when it comes to anything hockey, i just hate the double standards we live by, it is ok for us to complain about officiating which you so eloquently said was atrocious in the ottawa series, but carolina people suggest that maybe they are unhappy with the officiating in this series, they are ripped a new one and attacked on all sorts of levels not having anything to do with hockey(ie, duke lax, nascar, etc...)

I'm so sick of the Hurricane/Carolina apologists on these BUFFALO Bills boards.  The Ottawa officiating was downright atrocious.  In fact the main refs in both of the most outrageous games are no longer officiating in the playoffs as a result. 

Sorry that Jerry hit a little too close to home for some of you.

698419[/snapback]

i am neither a carolina resident or native, nor a hockey fan, so i cannot speak of anything intellegently when it comes to anything hockey, i just hate the double standards we live by, it is ok for us to complain about officiating which you so eloquently said was atrocious in the ottawa series, but carolina people suggest that maybe they are unhappy with the officiating in this series, they are ripped a new one and attacked on all sorts of levels not having anything to do with hockey(ie, duke lax, nascar, etc...)

698430[/snapback]

Plus, you spend any day on this board listening to people B word because some !@#$ing moron is stereotying WNY, but Jerry "No Original Thought" Sullivan does it to people from North Carolina, and it's considered required reading.

Plus, you spend any day on this board listening to people B word because some !@#$ing moron is stereotying WNY, but Jerry "No Original Thought" Sullivan does it to people from North Carolina, and it's considered required reading.

698442[/snapback]

Relax folks, relax. Just selling papers, that's all. What's the point of getting sucked into a moronic argument about two moronic writers, who are simply doing what they get paid to do?

Relax folks, relax.  Just selling papers, that's all.  What's the point of getting sucked into a moronic argument about two moronic writers, who are simply doing what they get paid to do?

698444[/snapback]

I just hate how fake he is. He needs a t-shirt that says "HEY, YOU CAN'T PICK ON BUFFALO! THAT'S MY JOB!"

I thought it was a little incoherent, and definitely stooping lower than he needed, but I will give Jerry credit for getting this little gem correct:

I moved on to basketball, a sport I knew well, and column-writing, a job that requires no real expertise but a superficial insight that I call "the appearance of knowledge."

At least we're all on the same page now.

Death to you then!  <_<

Molson is swill, Labatt is where it's at.

698473[/snapback]

I actually debated there between whether to use Labatt or Molson, Molson just sounded better. I cannot choose sides between the two.

I thought it was a little incoherent, and definitely stooping lower than he needed, but I will give Jerry credit for getting this little gem correct:

At least we're all on the same page now.

698475[/snapback]

That was a brilliant line by him...he establishes, right off the bat, that not only is his article's going to be sh--, and he's fully aware of it. <_<

Great article Jerry. I live in South Carolina and can tell you he is spot on with most of his points.

698501[/snapback]

I would venture to guess that most native North Carolinians if transplanted in Buffalo would find the stereotypes their writers toss around pretty accurate too.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.