Anyone watching the Hughs v. Gracie UFC Fight?

slothrop

I have ordered the fight and am excited about it. I was not aware Gracie was fighting in Japan since he left the UFC. In fact, he recently fought Akibono (sp?) the sumo grand champion. Akibono weighed over 400 lbs and Gracie was 180 lbs. Gracie submitted him in about two minutes!

Here is a link to the Gracie v. Akebono fight.

I think Hughs will win (possibly quickly) but there is a chance Gracie could catch him. I am rooting for Gracie.

I'm getting it. I've been waiting for this fight for a couple weeks. Hughes is one strong sob and is also decent at submissions. I want to see if Gracie can choke this guy out. Should be a good one.

I saw on SPIKE Hughs first fight against Carlos Newton where he first won the title. Anyone else see it? Newton started to choke him out and then Hughs picked him up. I thought Newton did choke him out which caused both fighters to fall. The fall knocked out Newton. But I think Newton should have won that fight.

I also not that Hughs lost to submission artist, Penn. Penn also beat Gracie in Japan a while back. For what it is worth.

I have ordered the fight and am excited about it. I was not aware Gracie was fighting in Japan since he left the UFC. In fact, he recently fought Akibono (sp?) the sumo grand champion. Akibono weighed over 400 lbs and Gracie was 180 lbs. Gracie submitted him in about two minutes!

Here is a link to the Gracie v. Akebono fight.

I think Hughs will win (possibly quickly) but there is a chance Gracie could catch him. I am rooting for Gracie.

698389[/snapback]

Did you see Outside the lines on ESPN, on Sunday? They had a special about UFC.