Tallinder out with broken arm...

RayFinkle

Found an article on Paetsch:

Nathan Paetsch

The Amerks lead the AHL with a power-play success rate of 23.6 percent. Much of that, naturally, has to do with the point play of Paetsch.

At one point this season, Paetsch had the luxury of frolicking with top scorers such as Chris Taylor, Derek Roy and Jason Pominville. But Taylor has been out with a thigh injury and Roy and Pominville are up with Buffalo.

That big-picture feel is one reason why Paetsch is one of the most valuable players in the AHL this season. He's the league's equivalent of Packers quarterback Brett Favre, a catalyst under the duress of making things happen with a lesser cast while not forcing something into the teeth of a defense that knows what's coming.

At least this kid has had experience playing with a lot of current Sabres...here's hoping he does a good job for the Sabres!

The good news is the Rochester Americans can finally get some revenge for the

exit last year. Most of these guys know each other.

698075[/snapback]

Absolutely, and the Sabres have plenty of guys in the cupboard in case guys go down...there is NO doubt in my mind everything will be just rosy and wonderful for our beloved Buffalo Sabres!!!!

Rah Rah Sabres!!!

Absolutely, and the Sabres have plenty of guys in the cupboard in case guys go down...there is NO doubt in my mind everything will be just rosy and wonderful for our beloved Buffalo Sabres!!!!

Rah Rah Sabres!!!

698076[/snapback]

You obviously cannot grasp the difference between automatically writing off a team and just saying that a situation at its face level sucks. Your view is that, faced with adversity the team has no choice but to fold. Your posts have shown that. Glad the Sabres don't feel that way. Yes, this sucks, yes this does hurt, but it does not necessarily mean "DOOOOM" as you have been so quick to predict in the past.

You obviously cannot grasp the difference between automatically writing off a team and just saying that a situation at its face level sucks.  Your view is that, faced with adversity the team has no choice but to fold.  Your posts have shown that.  Glad the Sabres don't feel that way.  Yes, this sucks, yes this does hurt, but it does not necessarily mean "DOOOOM" as you have been so quick to predict in the past.

698079[/snapback]

Nah those days are over..for me now its all about being positive...after all, being overly negative at times means Ill have people like AD looking up my posts so he can get off...and also being called a "fan"...basically challenging how much I love the Sabres....and I totally get that now, I agree with AD...so heck, even if Drury goes down, Sabres will be just fine...whatever move Darcy makes is great....no worries...Sabres win the Cup EASY!!!

Because if I say Booo and get upset, I'm not a real fan. So be it.

Nah those days are over..for me now its all about being positive...after all, being overly negative at times means Ill have people like AD looking up my posts so he can get off...and also being called a "fan"...basically challenging how much I love the Sabres....and I totally get that now, I agree with AD...so heck, even if Drury goes down, Sabres will be just fine...whatever move Darcy makes is great....no worries...Sabres win the Cup EASY!!!

Because if I say Booo and get upset, I'm not a real fan.  So be it.

698081[/snapback]

Actually, I'm getting off more on the fact that you can't take being B word slapped and need to mention it in every post now. Thanks!

Rah Rah Sabres!!!

698076[/snapback]

:(

All I meant to do is to point out that this roster is almost all Amerks.

The Black Aces have to come through.

Still 2 games to hold serve at home.

I am not too optimistic about the Janik matchup with Staal on the road, but

we do have 2 games to let Lindy match lines at home.

Tomorrow is huge.

Did you just admit you're overly negative at times, while simultaneously bitching that Darin pointed out you're overly negative at times?  :(  :P

698089[/snapback]

yes i did.

See I can admit to my shortcomings...unlike some others here on this board.

Because if I say Booo and get upset, I'm not a real fan.  So be it.

698081[/snapback]

Again, there's a difference between "overly negative" and "giving up on the team at the first sign of adversity," but again, you still don't get it...I begin to wonder if you are even watching the same team I am...

I have decided to throw out some oxymorons just to pass the time:

sunnily despondent

gravely cheerful

morosely optimistic

somberly elated

hopefully dour

mournful glee

Go ahead. Catch the Fever.