Official American Idol backlash thread

65,000,000 people voted for the new american idol last night. That number is far greater than the total number of people that voted in any presidential election.

Can you believe Paula Abdul is famous again? She probably thinks it's because she's great or something. She looks like Herve Villachez (sp?) got hit with Homer Simpson's make-up gun. And those other 2 scrubs... That black guy who calls everybody Dog and that Simon jerk with the square head like he's some kind of British metrosexual frankenstein. What a think tank! They're such unbelievable scrubs, but I can't help picturing them after the taping when they leave and they're wearing the sunglasses and they're barking out orders to their assistants and their in a big hurry because they're so huge and important. I guess Paula Abdul has a bunch of cooks to stuff in her mouth because she promised her pool boys she's gonna make them stars or something. If we can declare war on intangible things like "drugs" and "terror," I think we should definitely start dropping some bombs on "CRAP!"

65,000,000 people voted for the new american idol last night.  That number is far greater than the total number of people that voted in any presidential election.

697797[/snapback]

Maybe the 2008 election can be a reality show "Presenditial Idol"...

Hillary Clinton vs Rudy Guiliani...singing contests....essay contests...stunts....the voter turnout would be great!!!! <_<:P:P

65,000,000 people voted for the new american idol last night.  That number is far greater than the total number of people that voted in any presidential election.

697797[/snapback]

That was probably actually about 2 million people voting 30 times a piece... <_<

So after what the men were watching last night (Game 3), my gf turned on the TIVO'd American Idol and I watched the last half hour with her. Having never seen this before, I must confess that I didn't realize this was a show directed squarely at homosexuals. They were giving out awards. One went to some guy who was prancing around like the Peter Pan web guy; they also filmed him running to the bathroom for some reason. <_< I'm not sure what the award was for (most flamboyantly gay maybe?). Then they gave another award for the cutest all-guy couple and showed several clips of guys fondling each other, lying on the floor together, etc. Then there was some duet song and then they announced that the 45 year old guy beat out the decent looking but not hot enough to carry the vote chick. Wow. Who'd have though there was something worse to watch on TV than the OLN studio crew?

Oops.  That's what I get for listening to people without checking the facts.

697856[/snapback]

I think the quote was something like, "more votes were cast than were received by any president in history." (paraphrasing)

aren't people allowed to just enjoy things for entertainment sake? jeez, I have never watched american idol, but apparently it has struck a chord with people, and they truly enjoy it. why does everything have to be a for greater purpose. And what a horrible thing to say about paula abdul, did she do something to you to cause that much venom?

Can you believe Paula Abdul is famous again?  She probably thinks it's because she's great or something.  She looks like Herve Villachez (sp?) got hit with Homer Simpson's make-up gun.  And those other 2 scrubs... That black guy who calls everybody Dog and that Simon jerk with the square head like he's some kind of British metrosexual frankenstein.  What a think tank!  They're such unbelievable scrubs, but I can't help picturing them after the taping when they leave and they're wearing the sunglasses and they're barking out orders to their assistants and their in a big hurry because they're so huge and important.  I guess Paula Abdul has a bunch of cocks to stuff in her mouth because she promised her pool boys she's gonna make them stars or something.  If we can declare war on intangible things like "drugs" and "terror," I think we should definitely start dropping some bombs on "CRAP!"

697797[/snapback]

And what a horrible thing to say about paula abdul, did she do something to you to cause that much venom?

697953[/snapback]

Actually yes. One day while I was at work, she broke into my house and took all my cd's and dvd's out of their cases and scratched them up with a key or something. Then she beat up my dog and she left me a note saying that me & my family will never be safe as long as she lives. Signed Paula Abdul. I mean this all figuratively, of course.