We need some players back

seq004

<_< I know Teppo is hurting still hurting but I hope he can play threw the pain...Ruff said Mair was cleared to play so I'm not sure why he wasn't in the line-up. As for Tim Connolly it is extremely important for him to get back in this series. Their are risks to concussion injuries but this may be the only time these guys get the chance to play for the Stanley Cup. I hope they make the right decision. I'm not saying their Jakeing it because they are hurt but the team needs them to get back before it's to late. Tallinder really hurts if Teppo stays out.

<_< I know Teppo is hurting still hurting but I hope he can play threw the pain...Ruff said Mair was cleared to play so I'm not sure why he wasn't in the line-up. As for Tim Connolly it is extremely important for him to get back in this series. Their are risks to concussion injuries but this may be the only time these guys get the chance to play for the Stanley Cup. I hope they make the right decision.  I'm not saying their Jakeing it because they are hurt but the team needs them to get back before it's to late. Tallinder really hurts if Teppo stays out.

697776[/snapback]

Mair didn't play because Ruff wanted to put the Roy-Drury-Grier line back together and in order to do that he needed someone to center Kotalik and Max. Mair is a right wing, Novotny a center. Thus Novotny got the call.

Also, Pyatt has been playing well in the playoffs and has not earned a benching. Realistically, those are the only 2 guys that skated that Mair would have been put in for.

I'd rather hold Mair out a little longer and let him have some more healing time for that concussion he had, so that he's available IF the Sabres REALLY need him to go in; rather than rush him back and have him go woozy on a hit that normally wouldn't cause any problems.

Mair didn't play because Ruff wanted to put the Roy-Drury-Grier line back together and in order to do that he needed someone to center Kotalik and Max.  Mair is a right wing, Novotny a center.  Thus Novotny got the call.

Also, Pyatt has been playing well in the playoffs and has not earned a benching.  Realistically, those are the only 2 guys that skated that Mair would have been put in for. 

I'd rather hold Mair out a little longer and let him have some more healing time for that concussion he had, so that he's available IF the Sabres REALLY need him to go in; rather than rush him back and have him go woozy on a hit that normally wouldn't cause any problems.

697813[/snapback]

Very true. I like Mair a lot, but Pyatt has been playing that role and really playing well. We cannot forfeit a second slot for a second player like that.