hockey! Hockey!! HOCKEY!!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Potentially, 3 of our 6 Defensemen in Game Four could be Rory, Jillison and Janek.

Canes will be salivating.

Miller will be crying.

<_<

697626[/snapback]

I'm kinda leaning towards Paetsch. He's smaller than Vanek but he's a better skater.

Sounds like Tallinder is gone for the long term. If that's the case, game 4 is a must win situation. If the Sabres know that, they'll be ready and we'll have a shot at this thing.

Win game 4 and we can still steal the series without Kalinin or Tallinder.

We could potentially get Mair, Connolly, and Numminen all back by Friday night. That'll get our boys pumped up for Game 4!

697635[/snapback]

Worst case scenario is the Canes win the next two. If that's the case, Connolly could come back for game 6 and that would be huge.

4-3 Swordsmen, GG. Can't cut into the 'Association' postgamers to show some actual HIGHLIGHTS, can we now?

697643[/snapback]

But of course, they had to cram all the NBA footage in before the end of SportsCenter, because NBA Fastbreak is on right after SC <_<:P

It is 2am, just got done watching the game, on videtape delay...some random, Larry King like observations...

Incredible second period by the Sabres. Another goal, and I think the third period would have been a little different. Very strong game, overall by the Sabres. Am I nuts? The only time I really noticed Jillison on the ice, was when he was making mistakes. I really hope the Tallinder injury is not series, or season ending.

As an old-school Celtics fan (80's Bird era) Derek Roy is starting to remind me of the NHL equivalant of Danny Ainge. He can be brilliant at times, but sometimes, you want to reach into the tv screen and smack him. If he was a Flyer, a Senator or a Hurricane, I would despise the guy. Glad he is with us though! Unlikeable like Matt Barnaby, but so talented. Great to see he and JP Dumont in the flow of things. We need these guys to be involved. even if they don't score.

Chris Drury is on the verge of becoming one of the greatest Sabres ever...not in the Doug "boo-hoo" Gilmour vein...he is living up to his billing as a money player.

I wish Ales Kotalik would just shoot more. When he "throws the puck" at the net, as we saw tonight, good things tend to happen. Remember how dangerous he was before the all-star break? He had some nice defensive plays tonight....

I am starting to feel kind of bad for Max Afinagenov...he really seems to be pressing too hard, he is playing a very frustrated (and frustrating) game right now.

Even JSP has to give Miller some credit for his play tonight. What impresses me most about this kid is his ability to put a bad goal behind him. NHL goalies, like NFL kickers, are normally sort of headcases, but not this kid. He was so impressive late in this game, when Carolina was throwing everything at him. I almost thought the last goal that Carolina scored, was the result of a Sabre in the slot (sorry, not sure who) who went down to block the shot, but missed on it...Miller seemed to lose sight of the puck as his guy slid down in front of him.

One thing is clear, Carolina is a much better team than Ottawa was in the playoffs. I get the feeling this is going to go 7 games...Sabres win, of course!

I don't care how old Angie Dickenson is, I would still schtup her! <_<

Has Connolly been skating in practice?

Someone mentioned that Miller is "unlikeable" like Matthew Barnaby was.  Can you elaborate?

697672[/snapback]

Above... Not Miller... He said Roy (Derek) was.

And about the Danny Ainge comment... Wasn't he kept on the team to get chicks?

Wasn't there and skit or something where they had the whole team duck under the seats of the bus while Ainge scored the chick... Seconds later, the rest of the team would appear... <_<:P

Prior to that, he was good, but again gave up some oddball goals.

697725[/snapback]

And your assertion is because of that, he sucks.

One could also assert that he's so good, no one can score an honest goal on him, and they have to score oddball goals.

(Though I understand - and agree with - your concerns about Miller stopping long shots. I cringe every time someone takes a shot from the point on him... <_<)