hockey! Hockey!! HOCKEY!!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont think I said anything wrong, Sabres screwed up BIG TIME in this game by letting the Canes back in it at the end.

They pulled off the win, and Miller showed up in the last moments of the game...but damn, Sabres cant expect to win this series by letting a team almost beat them after a 4-1 lead in the 2nd.

Still though, good win by the Sabres.  I think they're going to be motivated to bring the hammer down on Friday and they'll nab another win.

697557[/snapback]

Hmm, isn't that how game two ended?

Man I hope they get someone, ANYONE, back for game 4!

697566[/snapback]

No kidding. My heart can only take so much of the Jillson/Rory pairing. Aaaaargh.

Memo to Mike Commodore: Quit being a B word. You're 6'5" and outweigh Briere by at least a bag o' concrete. That dive was an embarrassment to all things hockey, only to be made worse by your "Raggedy Andy" face as soon as the whistle blew. STFU.

And hell, can Carolina get any MORE goals that go off of Sabres players?

FRUSTRATING!

697570[/snapback]

Still though, those goals eventually dry up, cant rely on them for every game.

What should be interesting is what Carolina decides to do in terms of goaltending in Game Four...Gerber stonewalled the Sabres like he was their pimp, while Ward got destroyed. Do you go back to the guy who got you here, or do the playoff freak-out and stick with Gerber?

I agree totally. Still hate to see them! <_<

What should be interesting is what Carolina decides to do in terms of goaltending in Game Four...Gerber stonewalled the Sabres like he was their pimp, while Ward got destroyed.  Do you go back to the guy who got you here, or do the playoff freak-out and stick with Gerber?

I was asking this on TSR chat. Most said that they'd go back to Ward. But I said that Labia-let (love that nickname!) HAS to seriously consider starting Gerber, after stone-walling the Sabres.

What should be interesting is what Carolina decides to do in terms of goaltending in Game Four...Gerber stonewalled the Sabres like he was their pimp, while Ward got destroyed.  Do you go back to the guy who got you here, or do the playoff freak-out and stick with Gerber?

697576[/snapback]

I didn't think Gerber really had to do much outside of the one stop on Greer. There were a couple other breakaways where Sabres just mishandled the puck.

Not too many teams are going to win games playing without 3 of their Top 4 defensemen and one of their best scorers.  The third wasn't pretty but it's a win and I'll take it.

697560[/snapback]

You betcha.

Not too many teams are going to win games playing without 3 of their Top 4 defensemen and one of their best scorers.  The third wasn't pretty but it's a win and I'll take it.

697560[/snapback]

Yep. no such thing as an ugly win.

That last minute was fantastic!

What is Tallinder's injury?

697580[/snapback]

No update yet; "will be evaluated tomorrow" per Ruff's postgame presser.

(Thanks, Brad...)

No update yet; "will be evaluated tomorrow" per Ruff's postgame presser.

(Thanks, Brad...)

697602[/snapback]

Watched the whole game in a bar with no sound (that was dedicated to the Suns-Mavs game).

When did he leave the game? I noticed Jillson on the ice quite a bit in the 3rd.

We can't afford to lose him!