Pinhead just on ESPN radio

The three franchises most likely to relocate to LA according to John Clayton are:

1. New Orleans

2. Buffalo

3. Jacksonville

Don't know about the rest of you, but this makes me feel much more optimistic about the team staying in WNY.

Unless Ralph plans to live to 150, the Bills will ALWAYS be on the short list to move.

I hate to say it, but when Ralph passes on to that Great Skybox, all hell is going to break loose...forget about leases, contracts, Tagliabue's assurances, etc...if this team is not in Galisano's hands mach schnell, this "move thing" can get really ugly, real fast. :lol:

The fact that Clayton said it, assures me that the Bills are staying right where they belong, Buffalo NY. I feel a whole lot better.

That said most teams would be seen as being in trouble if they were set up the the way the Bills are. The fact that the Buffalo area is not a growing, thriving market and our ownership structure being what it is will always create speculation on the part of the national media.

It certainly would make sense that Ralph Wilson answers all the questions (including tax and proffit sharing) of future ownership prior to his death.

The three franchises most likely to relocate to LA according to John Clayton are:

1. New Orleans

2. Buffalo

3. Jacksonville

Don't know about the rest of you, but this makes me feel much more optimistic about the team staying in WNY.

697252[/snapback]

Jacksonville? WTF? Relocate an expansion team a decade after their creation to a different market? Clayton's an idiot...

Jacksonville?  WTF?  Relocate an expansion team a decade after their creation to a different market?  Clayton's an idiot...

697291[/snapback]

They have already "covered up" thousands of seats in their stadium, pretending they are not really there.

Jax may not be able to support a team for very long...

It still pisses me off that there is even this talk in the first place. Fug LA. Seriously. They couldn't support 2 freaking teams. So they want to give them another??? Fug off. I know it's the second biggest market but come on. They're horrible sports fans and just jump on the bandwagons (see the Clippers this year). The NFL has grown to it's current state with a team in LA, so why change now? And if a team does have to move, it should be Jacksonville (can't sell out during a 12-4 season), Oakland (never sell out), and New Orleans (unfortunately). The Bills sell out every game to see a 5-11 team. God, please just stop this talk once and for all. :lol:

Unless Ralph plans to live to 150, the Bills will ALWAYS be on the short list to move.

I hate to say it, but when Ralph passes on to that Great Skybox, all hell is going to break loose...forget about leases, contracts, Tagliabue's assurances, etc...if this team is not in Galisano's hands mach schnell, this "move thing" can get really ugly, real fast. sad.gif

A lot of "trooth" here. Once Ralph passes... game over. Not good news, but about as accurate and "troothful" as it gets.

I wonder if we all took our Buffalo Bills fan hats off for just a moment, and without any sentiment or bias, answer this question?

If you just purchased a multimillion dollar business, would you locate it in upstate NY?

This is exactly what the new owner of the Buffalo Bills will have to deal with.

The NFL has become all about the almighty $. But, in "trooth" their greed is a microcosm of the economic society and climate we live in today. It's all about the corporate bucks (sponsorships), the price and number of luxury boxes sold. Owners don't like sharing revenue and they will find new revenue streams that are exempt from sharing. The only way is to have a solid core of corporations within their venue. Anyone try to cop a Super Bowl ticket lately? They simply can't be had. A small percentage of those tix go to season ticket holders by seniority or lottery. The rest are already snatched up by the league, corporations and a few travel agents. The blue collar fan is getting pushed out. In the not too distant future, it'll cost as much as a game ticket does now to watch the game in your living room.

I highly doubt new orleans will be moving based on what has happened there already. The NFL seems intent on keeping them there

I think and have always thought it was going to be Jacksonville with Buffalo a distant second but with the new deal and RW's dislike for it and constant complaining they could be closer then anyone to moving

Yeah, SD, NO, and Jax are the ONLY real candidates to move, although NO could get a groundswell of support from fans after HK last year and with Bush going there.

697339[/snapback]

As long as Ralph is alive, the Bills are fine. The minute he pases away, the Bills will be sold and moved, especially as the league goes to the new revenue model where more and more of the teams revenues are tied to player salaries

Sad, but True!!!

It still pisses me off that there is even this talk in the first place.  Fug LA.  Seriously.  They couldn't support 2 freaking teams.  So they want to give them another???  Fug off. I know it's the second biggest market but come on.  They're horrible sports fans and just jump on the bandwagons (see the Clippers this year).  The NFL has grown to it's current state with a team in LA, so why change now?  And if a team does have to move, it should be Jacksonville (can't sell out during a 12-4 season), Oakland (never sell out), and New Orleans (unfortunately).  The Bills sell out every game to see a 5-11 team.  God, please just stop this talk once and for all.  :lol:

697309[/snapback]

The thing with LA is that sure, no normal football fan there would care about the team. but theoretically, LA can build a stadium composed entirely of luxury boxes to cater to all the big names and stars, and they'd sell out every game. And it would be an assload of revenue. It'd become a status thing.

Of course, i say that saints are moving. Hmmmm, houston passes reggie bush on the day before the draft, He falls into NO's laps. What better team to move to LA than one with local hero reggie bush? I smell conspiracy.