Maryland HS Girls Lacrosse team...

SDS

it's 97th game in a row... :lol:

I know, who cares... but I find it fascinating that one school, Mt. Hebron in Howard County, can be so dominate year after year. In the 10 years they ahve won the title they are 183-6-1!

This year they won the championship game 16-0 and outshot their opponent 40-3... You would think it was a Bills/Patriots SNF game!

Anyways, I thought it was a noteworthy feat...

I think that stuff is cool. It's like that high school in California, De LaSalle, that hadn't lost a football game in like 9 years. I mean kids who were part of that streak were in kindergarten when it started. Or conversely, can you imagine having an undefeated senior season and then not having your school lose another game until you were almost 30? :lol:

Those streaks are crazy.

it's 97th game in a row... :lol:

I know, who cares... but I find it fascinating that one school, Mt. Hebron in Howard County, can be so dominate year after year.  In the 10 years they ahve won the title they are 183-6-1!

This year they won the championship game 16-0 and outshot their opponent 40-3...  You would think it was a Bills/Patriots SNF game!

Anyways, I thought it was a noteworthy feat...

697099[/snapback]

But the real question is what type of strippers did they have?

I know it's kinda of weird but I love women's lacrosse. I had a girlfriend who played and i loved going to the games. Shirts and sticks, what a great combo. :lol: Streaks like that are amazing. It's hard to do anything 97 times in a row, much less win an athletic events. Cheers to those girls.

I think that stuff is cool.  It's like that high school in California, De LaSalle, that hadn't lost a football game in like 9 years.  I mean kids who were part of that streak were in kindergarten when it started.  Or conversely, can you imagine having an undefeated senior season and then not having your school lose another game until you were almost 30? :lol:

Those streaks are crazy.

697267[/snapback]

Can you imagine being on the team that finally loses? My high school was a real swimming powerhouse. (I didn't swim, I played hoops. Powerhouse was not the word for our hoops squad.) By my senior year, the boys swim team had won 26 division championships in a row, and the girls team had won something like 21 in a row. The boys team has continued winning and is now up to 35 in a row. However, the girls team finished second in the division my senior year. They were devastated. This past New Years, I was at a party and saw two of the girls who I graduated with, and they were both swimmers. I (jokingly) asked them how it felt to be seniors on the team that broke the streak. It still haunts them.

To make it worse, I think the girls team picked up and started winning again, so there is a banner in the pool with division titles, and every year from the mid-70's up to 2005 is included, except 1996. Sucks to be them!