Edmonton win 5-4 go up 3-0

millbank

I am gonna say this... Not trying to be a pompous ass... I think Edmonton gets throttled in The Cup... Not that I want Carolina to win, I would be rooting for Edmonton in that case.

Of course, if it is a Edmonton-Buffalo series (hockey gods, I know it may not... Please be appeased! :lol: )... I like it better than Anaheim-Buffalo...

Don't know what is the source of my new found optimism... :)

Go OIL!

Check out this video of the national anthem from last night:

It would be great to have two small hockey towns in the finals.  Let those warm weather teams go golfing.

697228[/snapback]

I really wish Americans would do this. It's meant to be sung by the masses, not a single person.

Anaheim is kicking Edmonton's asses on their own ice. It's 3-0 after 1, and the Ducks have a 15-second 2-man advantage to start the 2nd and an additonal minute of PP after that. Looks like carryover from period 3 last game. :(

BTW the Ducks started JS Giguere over Bryzghghsghsalov in net. If the Ducks win, I wonder if Carolina actually DOES start Gerber over Ward?

It looks like that series ain't over, folks, and it shifts back to Anaheim now.

Anaheim is kicking Edmonton's asses on their own ice.  It's 3-0 after 1, and the Ducks have a 15-second 2-man advantage to start the 2nd and an additonal minute of PP after that.  Looks like carryover from period 3 last game. :(

BTW the Ducks started JS Giguere over Bryzghghsghsalov in net.  If the Ducks win, I wonder if Carolina actually DOES start Gerber over Ward?

It looks like that series ain't over, folks, and it shifts back to Anaheim now.

698282[/snapback]

Well it's still over and it won't affect Carolina's decision. Good to see the Ducks extend the series though.

Yeah I think Ward will start but get a quick hook if he gives up a couple goals early.

We'll see - lots of Sabre fans (me included) wrote off Game 5 in Ottawa after losing Game 4. But ya know, home ice is overrated in hockey, especially when the home team is facing elimination late in a tied game - pressure really starts to build - you saw that with Ottawa as well as Dallas and Calgary this year.

In any case it's nice to see a chink in Rolleson's game prior to the finals series should we play them.