Parcells- a few have taken a swing at him

millbank

A small thing on espn on Bill Parcells: Bill Parcells' players have tried to hit him -- and that's just fine with the two-time Super Bowl champion coach.

"We've had a few" players take a swing at him, Parcells says in an interview with "60 Minutes" that will air Sunday night. "That's OK. I think confrontation is healthy, because it clears the air very quickly. "

Nothing like a punch in the head the straighten things out ;)

Bill Parcells

A small thing on espn on Bill Parcells:  Bill Parcells' players have tried to hit him -- and that's just fine with the two-time Super Bowl champion coach.

"We've had a few" players take a swing at him, Parcells says in an interview with "60 Minutes" that will air Sunday night. "That's OK. I think confrontation is healthy, because it clears the air very quickly. "

Nothing like a punch in the head the straighten things out ;)

Bill Parcells

52062[/snapback]

Apparently the full interview will be on 60 minutes this Sunday. I look forward to it as this quote seems to be rooted in the reality of achievement that the key is not doing things perfectly with no mistakes (that ain't gonna happen) the key is surviving the mistakes and the bad times together as a team.

I think that we have all lapsed into some sense of being afraid to acknowledge mistakes and claiming perfection when last I checked we were all human and imperfect.

Good results like Parcells has acheived comes with fights and errors, the key seems to be getting past the my way or the highway mode and realizing that a TEAM needs to stay on the highway together even with the conflicts.

Apparently the full interview will be on 60 minutes this Sunday.  I look forward to it as this quote seems to be rooted in the reality of achievement that the key is not doing things perfectly with no mistakes (that ain't gonna happen) the key is surviving the mistakes and the bad times together as a team.

I think that we have all lapsed into some sense of being afraid to acknowledge mistakes and claiming perfection when last I checked we were all human and imperfect.

Good results like Parcells has acheived comes with fights and errors, the key seems to be getting past the my way or the highway mode and realizing that a TEAM needs to stay on the highway together even with the conflicts.

52082[/snapback]

In light of Book about Bill Bellick just out and the interview segment on Sunday some interesting thoughts on both.

Here is a interesting site on Belichick i found looking about kind of interesting

Belichick

Quincy Carter???

52090[/snapback]

Carter taking a swing at him sounds doubtful since Parcells seems to view this type of exchange as partof building a positive and winning relationship between the HC and player. Perhaps Testaverde is a better bet for the type of outcome he describes and Keyshawn would be a better candidate in terms of the players temperament and the outcome.