Ted Nolan Speaks his Mind

Former Buffalo Sabres coach Ted Nolan is now coach of Canada's No. 1 ranked Junior hockey team the Moncton Wildcats. Currently they are playing in the Junior Championship the Memorial Cup. They have won their first two games and are one win away from playing in Sundays final, tomorrow playing Patrick Roys Quebec Ramparts. It was said Ted Nolan after being blackballed needed to return to Junior hockey and prove himself. Toronto's Globe and Mail did an article entitled " Ted Nolan Speaks Out". In the article Ted Nolan sites that racism was very much part of the component that was and is part of his blackball. He talks about being accused of job realated drunkeness, and adultry, plus the racist taunts of fans during his playing days and as coach. Much talk has gone on about his supposed affairs, it should be noted he has denied them all and finds them repugnent.

The article is here take of it what you will. I hope he does get another shot at the NHL , does well. My guess is such articles will not help.

Ted Nolan

Former Buffalo Sabres coach Ted Nolan is now coach of Canada's No. 1 ranked Junior hockey team the Moncton Wildcats. Currently they are playing in the Junior Championship the Memorial Cup.  They have won their first two games and are one win away from playing in Sundays final, tomorrow playing Patrick Roys Quebec Ramparts. It was said Ted Nolan after being blackballed needed to return to Junior hockey and prove himself.  Toronto's Globe and Mail did an article entitled " Ted Nolan Speaks Out".  In the article Ted Nolan sites that racism was very much part of the component that was and is part of his blackball. He talks about being accused of job realated drunkeness, and adultry, plus the racist taunts of fans during his playing days and as coach.  Much talk has gone on about his supposed affairs, it should be noted he has denied them all and finds them repugnent.

The article is here take of it what you will.  I hope he does get another shot at the NHL , does well. My guess is such articles will not help.

Ted Nolan

696475[/snapback]

Yeah, racism is why he isn't in the league. :lol:

It has NOTHING TO DO WITH TURNING DOWN 2 OFFERS TO HEAD COACH!!! :(

He claims to have been shut out for 3 seasons, but during that time he had turned down an offer from the Sabres to be HC and one from the Bolts. (IIRC, he also received an offer from the Isles to be an assistant.) The reason he is out of the NHL is because he is a pompous dolt that didn't accept opportunities presented to him. It has nothing to do with racism, although I do realize that he has experienced racism.

Not a very flattering article on him. I was very high on him before, but actually lost a little respect for him after that article. Don't pull the race card because you don't have a NHL coaching job, when multiple teams have had discussions with you and when offered a job you turned it down. Maybe thats the reason no one has hired you yet?

I really like him as a coach. But if you are going to be in the coaching profession, you have to go where the jobs are. I understand turning down Buffalo's one year offer, but Tampa Bay's offer??? To hear that it was because his wife and kids started crying because he wanted them to move to Florida??? Sorry man, get a grip on your own house.