OLN....that was terrible

Personally I think JD is one of the top analysts in the business...I do not understand what the issue is there.....Doc's voice can drive me crazy at times...but i like his style...and he truly loves the game....met him several times when interning with the NJ Devils 10 years ago and I must say he is one of the classiest people in the business.

696410[/snapback]

Typically JD is good (not RJ great, but good), but I think he may have been on medication for the flu or something because he was having a hard time keeping straight which team he was referring to last night. Doc corrected him once and then let the rest of them slide.

camera work was awful...JD and Emrick? were awful...chick sidekick was awfull..that was the first game I have watched on OLN and I was not impressed at all....damn you CBC

696206[/snapback]

I think it was the middle of the second period before OLN realized that there was another team besides the Hurricanes playing.

I think it was the middle of the second period before OLN realized that there was another team besides the Hurricanes playing.

696427[/snapback]

Well, then OLN was about half a period ahead of me...I didn't realize there was another team playing until the third period! :lol:

What do you mean...generally, with any hockey broadcast, the camera follows the puck, which is normally where most of the action is...am I wrong on this? If Carolina dominated the Sabres for most of two periods, what should OLN be showing? The guys on the Sabres bench, muttering "!@#$" under their breath?

If you are talking about the commentary, JD was saying it early, that it was the Sabres who had come out sharper, and gave them a very big edge for the first half of the first...he was saying that the Sabres had come out, playing as one would expect Carolina to play...the Sabres just got dominated after that...

Again, I just think people like to make up stuff to gripe about...