Bend over Buffalo

dib

Hurricanes are getting away with murder, skaters leaving the ice on checks, nearly decapitating Briere and then some bullsh*t call for 'hooking'. You cant play 7 on 5 and expect to win.

There are bad calls for sure, but make no mistake about it...the Sabres were outplayed in this game.  They've overcome crappy officiating before, this game they were just flat.

Cant blame the refs for EVERYTHING.

696079[/snapback]

Agreed. It was (will be) an honest loss.

That doesn't excuse sh---awful officiating, though. Bad calls are bad calls.

There are bad calls for sure, but make no mistake about it...the Sabres were outplayed in this game.  They've overcome crappy officiating before, this game they were just flat.

Cant blame the refs for EVERYTHING.

696079[/snapback]

I dont blame the refs for everything, just for not calling a fair game. There were several bad calls, and they all seamed to hurt us tonight.

You are right. the 'canes outplayed us. but we still could have won.

Agreed.  It was (will be) an honest loss. 

That doesn't excuse sh---awful officiating, though.  Bad calls are bad calls.

696119[/snapback]

Or weak goals at inopportune times.

should have been 3-3 at the end of regulation. Oh well.

Time to purge the memory bank and move on.

Or weak goals at inopportune times.

should have been 3-3 at the end of regulation. Oh well.

Time to purge the memory bank and move on.

It could have easily been 6-3 if Miller hadn't stoned some AMAZING shots. And the officiating was shiit, period. If it had been 4-1, I wouldn't be so pissed about it.

It could have easily been 6-3 if Miller hadn't stoned some AMAZING shots.  And the officiating was shiit, period.  If it had been 4-1, I wouldn't be so pissed about it.

696125[/snapback]

Well, duh...had it been 4-1, the echeesy goal wouldn't have meant so much.

Like I said, time to forget this ever happened and move on.

I quoted it earlier... A hard working man never blames his failure on bad luck...

The Sabres were out hustled most of the game... When the Sabres started hustling in the third... That is when they came back... Sure bad goal by Miller... But, he made some beauties...

The Sabres will build on their late play... Like they said above, an honest loss wuth the momentum shifting back towards Buffalo's way at the end...

When Buffalo "skates" they WON'T BE BEAT.

Did... Anybody pick up the "Mic'd Up segement?

Did you hear what the 'Cane (I think Wesley???)... They knew Buffalo was not skating.

You can't pull it all out of your arse... I hope it is a wake up call...

Great teams are bound to "coast" at times...

;)

It could have easily been 6-3 if Miller hadn't stoned some AMAZING shots.  And the officiating was shiit, period.  If it had been 4-1, I wouldn't be so pissed about it.

696125[/snapback]

Actually, I feel just the opposite... It shows when Buffalo "skates" they can't be beat... PERIOD.

They didn't "skate" 80% of the game and "coasted"

I knew this wasn't gonna be a sweep...

Actually, I feel just the opposite... It shows when Buffalo "skates" they can't be beat... PERIOD.

They didn't "skate" 80% of the game and "coasted"

I knew this wasn't gonna be a sweep...

I agree that they floated, but that still doesn't excuse the lousy officiating.

I mean, I don't see such blatantly bad officiating in the Oilers-Anaheim series. WTF?

I mean, I don't see such blatantly bad officiating in the Oilers-Anaheim series.  WTF?

696174[/snapback]

Guys I think your wrong on the officiating. Im pretty objective on this because I actually enjoy both teams. I thought the Sabres got away with some stuff in the first period. Some interference going on. Im not a fan of NHL officiating by any means but I really dont think this particular game was affected by it at all. Not to say the refs dont screw up games but I think this one was fairly balanced. I think the Sabres got outworked for the majority of the first two periods but showed what they were made of by giving it a good shot in the third by not giving up. I really think this is going to be a fantastic series and really, tonight was an exceptional game to watch. Lots of skating, hitting and minimal clutch and grab. I just hope that whomever wins this series its not the Oilers they are playing. They are much like Calgary of the previous playoff year. That is, alot of obstruction, clutch and grab and so on. If the refs decide to put the whistle away for that stuff, like they did in the Sharks series, the Sabres or Canes will be in trouble.

I mean, I don't see such blatantly bad officiating in the Oilers-Anaheim series.  WTF?

696174[/snapback]

I really think that the refs pick up when you are "floating" out there...

Don't get me wrong this a CHAMPIONSHIP/STANLEY CUP winner we have here... BUT, and a very BIG BUT... WHEN THEY WANT TO BE.

There is some much more that is special with this team than any other Sabres' team or Buffalo teams I have seen in the past... They have the talent to take it all the way... The only thing stopping them is their lazy work habits and lulls at times... They have the magic in them...

Win or lose this series or win or lose in the Cup finals, we will find out what kind of heart they have.

I was so throughly impressed with the late third period! (ya, the 'Canes got some hustle stopping that sure goal at the line)...

It is almost like they can produce at will... They just mishudged the clock today and dug themselves a hole...

Sabres: If you find yourself in a hole, PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL.

This is one team that I will not find fault in anybody else (refs, luck, or "hockey gods") but the SABRES THEMSELVES.

They have it in them... Only they can unlock that happiness and joy of winning it all...

I used to think that some of those late game goals or comebacks were flukes... I have been watching this team too much... Those last two goals they got, THEY WANTED... Unfortunately, they need three and time ran out... Another 5 minutes or so and that game would have been tied...

Great teams rebound...

;)

I love that this year's Sabres team believes it is going to win every game.

Unfortunately, that sometimes seems like they think they're going to win every game even without showing up. That's what happened tonight, IMO. No desperation whatsoever, not until the last couple minutes.

Sabres looked like a team satisfied to go back to Buffalo tied 1-1.

Hopefully Ruff fires them up again because tonight was ugly.

Guys I think your wrong on the officiating. Im pretty objective on this because I actually enjoy both teams. I thought the Sabres got away with some stuff in the first period. Some interference going on. Im not a fan of NHL officiating by any means but I really dont think this particular game was affected by it at all. Not to say the refs dont screw up games but I think this one was fairly balanced.

696187[/snapback]

Much like the Ottawa series I don't think there was anything blatantly terrible, but it is a little frustrating to see the "chippier" team not have to deal with the consequences of more penalty minutes.

I mean, when Miller freezes the puck they take whacks at him after the whistle, we give them a little nudge, and there's offsetting penalties. OK not the end of the world, whatever.

When Ward freezes it, Briere just stands there without touching the goalie and gets mugged, no penalty.

I dunno - it's hard to complain about this type of thing too much because the "after the whistle" stuff doesn't decide the outcome of games but it just doesn't add up. I guess I just kinda wish the Sabres would get a little "dirtier" if the team with more discipline isn't going to reap the benefits anyway.

I love that this year's Sabres team believes it is going to win every game.

Unfortunately, that sometimes seems like they think they're going to win every game even without showing up.  That's what happened tonight, IMO.  No desperation whatsoever, not until the last couple minutes.

Sabres looked like a team satisfied to go back to Buffalo tied 1-1.

Hopefully Ruff fires them up again because tonight was ugly.

696242[/snapback]

You said it wonderfully my dear boy!

;):w00t:

While the Sabres deserved to lose this game due to their playing with a lack of desire, I do have a problem with the officiating. The problem is that it was inconsistent. The 1st period was decent, they let the 2nd get away from them by putting the whistles away and they called everything in the 3rd.

The refs need to call a consistent game ;)

While the Sabres deserved to lose this game due to their playing with a lack of desire, I do have a problem with the officiating. The problem is that it was inconsistent. The 1st period was decent, they let the 2nd get away from them by putting the whistles away and they called everything in the 3rd.

The refs need to call a consistent game  :lol:

696322[/snapback]

My complaint for years. Its not that the penalties the refs call are wrong, it's when they decided to call them that puzzles me. The favorite refrain is "We dont want to decide the outcome of the game. We want the players to decide." Well, the refs can certainly decide a game by not calling infractions as much as they can by calling them. They dont seem to get that.