Raleigh writer takes a shot at the Sabres

Article

The guy was actually fairly complementary to the Sabres in the article, but it ends with this blurb:

As for the Buffalo fans, those chastising Carolina fans for not blindly purchasing every available ticket in less than 20 minutes:

Please cease and desist hurling your stones before Fred Smerlas-sized shards of glass lacerate us all.

Buffalo fans, you are the same people who regularly are overrun in your own building by Toronto Maple Leafs fans.

Way back in 2003, your franchise declared for bankruptcy. No matter how corrupt or financially incompetent the former owner was, teams with stout fan bases don't file for Chapter 11.

So Buffalo-ans, Buffalo-ites, Buffalo-sians or Buffers, spare us the insolence.

Sell out a playoff game before you start throwing John Rigas/Chapter 11 mud.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone should tell that moron writer that the Sabres chapter 11 status had more to do with the Rigas' using $150 million to buy the team with Adelphia's money than any attendance problem.

As the Geico caveman would say, "Do a little research next time."

At least Buffalo didn't have to take Hartford's sloppy seconds.

Someone should tell that moron writer that the Sabres chapter 11 status had more to do with the Rigas' using $150 million to buy the team with Adelphia's money than any attendance problem.

As the Geico caveman would say, "Do a little research next time."

At least Buffalo didn't have to take Hartford's sloppy seconds.

695794[/snapback]

Call him by his proper name, Zdeno Chara. No wonder cavemen hate "normal" people, they get no respect.

As for the idiot writer, if that ends up being the worst shot Buffalo, the Sabres, and the fans take, I can live with it. Everytime the Sabres or Bills are in the playoffs, some writer (or more accurately writers) feel the uncontrollable urge to take a dump on the city and the region.

If it's any consolation, the only thing anyone ever knew about N.C. before they got a hockey team was that the local gas station was owned by a guy named 'Goober'.

You know...you should start a separate thread on that topic...

695810[/snapback]

Awww man!!

I blew my chance to post a new thread! I am a horrible human being...

and I download songs from the internet....

It's just gets so old, and I credit the Ottawa press from staying away from this, that teams we're beating have to restort to trashing the city as a means of filling newspaper space.

It's just gets so old, and I credit the Ottawa press from staying away from this, that teams we're beating have to restort to trashing the city as a means of filling newspaper space.

695822[/snapback]

Well, Ottawa had some bankruptcy issues themselves.

695822[/snapback]

In Ottawa there are writers that can write about the game.

695822[/snapback]

[/quote\\

The other day the Scum sentinel mentioned how the Panthers had beaten Buffalo 3 times in the regular season.

How freakin pathetic is that?

The thing that bugged me the most was where he complained about there being a week off between games. It has to happen at some point. This isn't the NBA where they're playing game 3 of the conference finals out east and game 5 of the first round out west (ok, not this year, but you get the point).

Yes, Buffalo-Carolina should've been friday's game, but that's all I'll agree with.

695822[/snapback]

Winning the series will be the best form of rebuttal.