ANOTHER REASON WHY THE NBA IS A JOKE

I watch hockey, not basketball. There was nothing on yesterday. i tried that game 7. I lasted exactly one offensive series. When you have guys who look like brian smolinski after his game 1 score to make it 6-5, on every single shot/block/rebound/childbirth, i can't stomach it. They make lebron james out to be some hero with a big heart of a champion, yet they show him standing alone at center court with his arms raised and no smile... Show me Pominville rushing to the penalty box to greet jay mckee any day of the week over that crap. NBA, and unfortunately NFL showcases talent... NHL showcases heart. This is why you all know my obvious choice.

Here's why the NBA sucks:

There is no point to watching the first 3 and a half quarters. Nothing before that matters. If a team goes up by 10 in the first quarter, it doesn't matter.

695523[/snapback]

Funny...people say that about why they prefer college basketball. <_<

Hats off to the Cavs and "King James"...but Detroit is the anit-NBA...they play as a team, kinda old school bball..."They trapped me, they went under screens, they went over screens," said James, who was held to one second-half field goal Sunday in the Cavs' 79-61 Game 7 loss to Detroit. "I've seen almost every defense that I could possibly see for the rest of my career in this series. That's why they're Eastern Conference champions, and that's why they keep winning."

GO PISTONS! 0:)

Who cares?  To be honest I'm really glad that so few people get hockey.  Let the mouthbreathers waste their time watching people they wouldn't want to live next door to.

It's their loss, not hockey's.

695563[/snapback]

Amen to that Darin....

Why would we hockey want the sport to be ruined by these E$PN 'personalities' etc??

So what if the Preakness gets better ratings, does that make it a better event? No...it just means more people BET on that sport then the NHL.

It's all about gambling...raise of hands for those who actually watch horse racing JUST for the race without any stake in it?

Crickets....

I watch hockey, not basketball.  There was nothing on yesterday.  i tried that game 7.  I lasted exactly one offensive series.  When you have guys who look like brian smolinski after his game 1 score to make it 6-5, on every single shot/block/rebound/childbirth, i can't stomach it.  They make lebron james out to be some hero with a big heart of a champion, yet they show him standing alone at center court with his arms raised and no smile...  Show me Pominville rushing to the penalty box to greet jay mckee any day of the week over that crap.  NBA, and unfortunately NFL showcases talent...  NHL showcases heart.  This is why you all know my obvious choice.

695617[/snapback]

I agree...

Why is that NBA players after making big shots now do not smile that much...they almost seem as a matter of fact.....show some emotion...and this is why the NBA is failing to connect with the fans that MADE the NBA great in the 1st place....a lot of fans cannot understand the lack of shown emotion.