Attention All Fans Going To Game 1

PTS

I don't know if the Canes fans get crazy at the start of the game like we do but I'm going to guess yes so I'll give the Canes their 2 minutes.

THEN ... I want every Sabres fan in attendance to start chanting Let's Go Buffalo when the game clock strikes 18:00, two minutes into the game.

We want to hear it on TV and I can tell you it will most definitely fire up our boys on the ice! What do we say?

Be so kind to spread the news before the game to other Sabres fans, I already have a few groups set to make this happen. Spread the word!

I don't know if the Canes fans get crazy at the start of the game like we do but I'm going to guess yes so I'll give the Canes their 2 minutes.

THEN ... I want every Sabres fan in attendance to start chanting Let's Go Buffalo when the game clock strikes 18:00, two minutes into the game.

We want to hear it on TV and I can tell you it will most definitely fire up our boys on the ice! What do we say?

Be so kind to spread the news before the game to other Sabres fans, I already have a few groups set to make this happen. Spread the word!

694853[/snapback]

LOL, you won't even have a chance to hear that. The crowd at RBC will start to get rowdy in pre-game about 15 minutes before the game, most likely everyone in the joint will be standing up watching all kinds of cool junk on the jumbotron. Then, the Canes will be out to "Rock You Llike a Hurricane" and the place will be as loud as anywhere in the NHL. If the pace of the game is pretty good, most likely the fans will still be standing two minutes in, and if the Canes get off to a good start, it will be LOUD. Take that to the bank. It is one of the loudest arena's in the league. If the game is close, plan on standing much of the time, especially in the 3rd period. It's an awesome experience.

LOL, you won't even have a chance to hear that.  The crowd at RBC will start to get rowdy in pre-game about 15 minutes before the game, most likely everyone in the joint will be standing up watching all kinds of cool junk on the jumbotron.  Then, the Canes will be out to "Rock You Llike a Hurricane" and the place will be as loud as anywhere in the NHL.  If the pace of the game is pretty good, most likely the fans will still be standing two minutes in, and if the Canes get off to a good start, it will be LOUD.  Take that to the bank.  It is one of the loudest arena's in the league.  If the game is close, plan on standing much of the time, especially in the 3rd period.  It's an awesome experience.

694857[/snapback]

It seems funny that they would have such a hard time selling out a Conference Finals Series if its such an amazing experience.

It seems funny that they would have such a hard time selling out a Conference Finals Series if its such an amazing experience.

694861[/snapback]

Ditto. Canes fans are panicking already because of the influx of Sabres fans. They are afraid of being outnumbered in certain parts of the arena like behind the net where the Sabres shoot twice. From friends that I have in the DC area, there's a group of over 30 from DC and VA going to the game.

694861[/snapback]

Kind of amazing that the Bills had a hard time selling out some playoff games when Kelly and the boys were here to isn't it?

But I digress.....it's a young fan base.......the games always end up selling out...just like the Bills.

However, the main reason is this.....their season ticket holders kind of got screwed by the front office. People were posting their invoices for tickets and it was kind of shocking.

Round 1, Row B from the glass, just inside the blue line where the Canes shoot twice.....$75. I think a $10 increase from season ticket prices.

Round 2, Row B from the glass, just inside the blue line where the Canes shoot twice.....$85. $20 increase.

Keep in mind now that Eastern Conference Finals prices and Stanley Cup prices weren't announced until midway through Round 2....here they are now......

Round 3, Row B from the glass, just inside the blue line where the Canes shoot twice.....$165. That's an un-announced $100 per ticket increase over season ticket prices.

Stanley Cup, Row B..............$175.

Tickets in all parts of the arena went up about 200% or more for all season ticket holder seats, for rounds 3 and 4 and no one could prepare. Then, if you plop down all that money, and the Canes don't make it, it's not refunded, but instead credited to season tickets next season. Kinda hard to swallow.

To beat the deadline, a family of four, on a week and a half notice, had to surrender $5,440 to potentially see 8 hockey games. That's pretty tough to swallow. Upper deck tickets were the same way.....seats were increased like 240%, and fans were asked to pony up on the money on a week's notice. Not cool.

Some fans indicated that they had spent up to $1000 more on the post-season than they did for entire year season tickets.

NOT a good way to build a good fan base.

That's really interesting. It's like the total opposite of how the sabres have done it. Postseason tickets have been like ridiculously cheap for those with season tickets. And actually because of the dealsl, a lot of people have signed up for seasons next year because they got dibs on playoff tickets this year.

Kind of amazing that the Bills had a hard time selling out some playoff games when Kelly and the boys were here to isn't it?

But I digress.....it's a young fan base.......the games always end up selling out...just like the Bills. 

However, the main reason is this.....their season ticket holders kind of got screwed by the front office.  People were posting their invoices for tickets and it was kind of shocking.

Round 1, Row B from the glass, just inside the blue line where the Canes shoot twice.....$75.  I think a $10 increase from season ticket prices.

Round 2, Row B from the glass, just inside the blue line where the Canes shoot twice.....$85.  $20 increase.

Keep in mind now that Eastern Conference Finals prices and Stanley Cup prices weren't announced until midway through Round 2....here they are now......

Round 3, Row B from the glass, just inside the blue line where the Canes shoot twice.....$165.  That's an un-announced $100 per ticket increase over season ticket prices.

Stanley Cup, Row B..............$175. 

Tickets in all parts of the arena went up about 200% or more for all season ticket holder seats, for rounds 3 and 4 and no one could prepare.  Then, if you plop down all that money, and the Canes don't make it, it's not refunded, but instead credited to season tickets next season.  Kinda hard to swallow.

To beat the deadline, a family of four, on a week and a half notice, had to surrender $5,440 to potentially see 8 hockey games.  That's pretty tough to swallow.  Upper deck tickets were the same way.....seats were increased like 240%, and fans were asked to pony up on the money on a week's notice.  Not cool. 

Some fans indicated that they had spent up to $1000 more on the post-season than they did for entire year season tickets. 

694874[/snapback]

Ditto. Canes fans are panicking already because of the influx of Sabres fans. They are afraid of being outnumbered in certain parts of the arena like behind the net where the Sabres shoot twice. From friends that I have in the DC area, there's a group of over 30 from DC and VA going to the game.

694863[/snapback]

Oh gimmie a break. They weren't panicking, they were bitching that is was easier and more affordable for non season ticket holders to be able to afford a game or two in the playoffs than it was for their own season ticket holders. They were right. The arena will be full of more of your bandwagon type Canes fans for this round, and a decent number of Sabres fans.

I will say this........since I'm just going to see playoff atmosphere.........The Pens are my team................one of the coolest rounds of any playoffs I have ever witnessed live were in 2002 when the Canes faced the Maple Leafs in the Eastern Conference Finals. There were about 3000-4000 Leafs fans at each game in Raleigh. You talk about rowdy. It was really cool. Leafs fans treat hockey like we treat the NFL. GOOD TIMES. Plus, it's always nice when a Canadian team gets eliminated.

That's really interesting.  It's like the total opposite of how the sabres have done it.  Postseason tickets have been like ridiculously cheap for those with season tickets.  And actually because of the dealsl, a lot of people have signed up for seasons next year because they got dibs on playoff tickets this year.

694877[/snapback]

I know, that's what has all the Canes fans pissed off. Pretty ignorant, and shocking to their loyal fan base. It was a huge deal.

Management in Carolina has been blamed for raising prices so much, supposedly cuz the Canes had the lowest regular season prices in the league. They had a right to B word. It was actually a pretty big deal.

But, if Sabre fans end up there, maybe they'll learn their lesson.

I used to go to a bunch of Canes games, but before the strike it got to be WAY to expensive. It was literaly over $125 bucks for me and the little woman to go during the season.

I went to a Canes playoff the year they went to the finals, I think it was a game they won against the Leafs. The arena is FUGGGIN LOUD. You will NOT be able to hear the chant unless the Sabers have the lead. Take it to the bank, that place really does get off the hook. Too bad no one there really cares until they get into the playoffs.

My two buddies are going to the game, but they are NC boys pulling for the Canes. SOBs didn't invite me...

I don't see this working either unless the Sabres get a big lead or somehow the number of Sabres fans is like 8000 or more. It's a very loud arena. What will work is getting a bunch of fans together in the concourses before the game and in between periods and getting the chants going. That will get under the Canes fans skin.

I don't see this working either unless the Sabres get a big lead or somehow the number of Sabres fans is like 8000 or more.  It's a very loud arena.  What will work is getting a bunch of fans together in the concourses before the game and in between periods and getting the chants going.  That will get under the Canes fans skin.

694900[/snapback]

I thought the goal of the chant was to give a boost to the Sabres.

If the point is to piss off the locals, why not just wear caps that say "Junior drives a Subaru". :doh:

694874[/snapback]

They don't care.

Canes ownership has been spotted in multiple airports recently.

Hamilton

Quebec City

Winnipeg

Kingston

Sioux Falls

The moving trucks have already been put on standby.

If the point is to piss off the locals, why not just wear caps that say "Junior drives a Subaru". :doh:

694906[/snapback]

I don't think that would work, now if you're cap said

"Junior drives a truck, a big black truck"

that might do it :lol:

694906[/snapback]

:lol:

The primary point is to fire up the boys no doubt, but when that isn't possible it helps to irritate the oppositions fans. I'd be shocked if the 18:00 mark chant works.