Superman Returns cost HOW MUCH????

$$250,000,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had no idea their production budget was this massive.....that is frickin astronomical! Just for some perspective, here are the production costs of some other notable films:

Batman Begins - 150m

Fantastic Four - 100m

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - 113m

Daredevil - 78m

Spider Man - 139m

X-Men - 75m

*Taken from www.boxofficemojo.com

I think this is a huge risk given that it's not *really* a sequel. It's a continuation of the franchise, obviously, but it's not like there was a Superman movie a couple years ago that just KILLED at the box office and now they can justify this kind of budget. Even Spider Man 2, on the heels of Spider Man 1 becoming one of the most successful movies EVER, only increased their production budget to just under 200 mil.

I hope it pays off, cause I'm really looking forward to this movie.....but in today's climate where movies really rely on that huge opening in order to propel them into the black, this film is walking a fine line, IMO.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,196151,00.html

I had no idea their production budget was this massive.....that is frickin astronomical!  Just for some perspective, here are the production costs of some other notable films:

Batman Begins - 150m

Fantastic Four - 100m

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - 113m

Daredevil - 78m

Spider Man - 139m

X-Men - 75m

*Taken from www.boxofficemojo.com

I think this is a huge risk given that it's not *really* a sequel. It's a continuation of the franchise, obviously, but it's not like there was a Superman movie a couple years ago that just KILLED at the box office and now they can justify this kind of budget. Even Spider Man 2, on the heels of Spider Man 1 becoming one of the most successful movies EVER, only increased their production budget to just under 200 mil.

I hope it pays off, cause I'm really looking forward to this movie.....but in today's climate where movies really rely on that huge opening in order to propel them into the black, this film is walking a fine line, IMO.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,196151,00.html

694739[/snapback]

Wow, that's crazy! Maybe they are hoping that the DVD sales will help if it tanks at the box office. :doh:

694739[/snapback]

I can't wait to check it out but....

...that's a lot of money they could have spent to get the Batman Begins sequel made ASAP.

Hollywood, and entertainment in general, should halt production on all crappy movies and TV shows and just concentrate on Batman. BATMAN!!

I agree with you guys....I do think it'll PROBABLY have no trouble at all being profitable - as long as Tom Cruise stays the hell away from it :doh:

Lord knows I'll go see it....I can't wait for it to come out.

I absolutely love super hero comics....X men, Super Man, Spider Man, etc etc......from when I was a kid to now....

When Superman died....I absolutely hated that they took that turn with his story....SUPERMAN IS NOT SUPPOSED TO DIE

694806[/snapback]

That's how I felt about Star Trek: Generations......You don't KILL Captain Kirk, for gosh sakes!! It was obvious when he was sucked out of the back of the ship that he would have found SOME way to survive....and by God, he did! But of course, frickin Picard could have none of that!! Gotta screw with his happiness and trick him into coming to help his stupid little group of freaks beat one little old guy with a cannon. :doh:

But yeah, I have loved the superhero stuff since I was a kid, too. Superman II was on about a month or two ago....what a nice nostalgic experience :lol:

I absolutely love super hero comics....X men, Super Man, Spider Man, etc etc......from when I was a kid to now....

When Superman died....I absolutely hated that they took that turn with his story....SUPERMAN IS NOT SUPPOSED TO DIE

694806[/snapback]

from the trailer, it looks like superman gets royally f*ckded up

Scary thing is that the budget is probably even MORE than that. Studios never release the actual budgets, and when they do, it's always an underestimate.

I have a buddy who worked on the PA crew for this movie and he said the amount of financing that went into this movie was astounding -- so much so it caused even the most jaded studio execs to do a double take. Yet, he assured me for the little time he worked on the set, nearly every penny will show up on screen. . .

I hope so!

Scary thing is that the budget is probably even MORE than that. Studios never release the actual budgets, and when they do, it's always an underestimate.

I have a buddy who worked on the PA crew for this movie and he said the amount of financing that went into this movie was astounding -- so much so it caused even the most jaded studio execs to do a double take. Yet, he assured me for the little time he worked on the set, nearly every penny will show up on screen. . .

I hope so!

695126[/snapback]

Wow, I hope so too!

Rumored to have cost upward of $250 million.

Rumored people.

Rumor:-

1. A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.

2. Unverified information received from another; hearsay.

I'd love it to be great(I'm a comic book head) but I fear the actor just looks wet.

Rumored people.

Rumor:-

1.  A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.

2.  Unverified information received from another; hearsay.

I'd love it to be great(I'm a comic book head) but I fear the actor just looks wet.

695310[/snapback]

What does Football365.com have to say on the matter?