Sabres

Connolly is out for games 1 and 2. He won't make the trip to Carolina. To me that doesn't sound good for his return in this series, if not beyond.

Adam Mair has been cleared for contact and needs to be cleared to play in games. That's good news.

Kalinin still out, as expected. I'd save him for the SCF's, if the Sabres get that far.

Canes' Erik Cole has been cleared to skate, just a little over 2 months after suffering a fractured vertebra. He was amazing in the regular season, scoring 30 goals in 60 games, until the injury. To me if he plays, he's a dead man. Stupid to try and come back that quickly.

Connolly is out for games 1 and 2.  He won't make the trip to Carolina.  To me that doesn't sound good for his return in this series, if not beyond.

Adam Mair has been cleared for contact and needs to be cleared to play in games.  That's good news.

Kalinin still out, as expected.  I'd save him for the SCF's, if the Sabres get that far.

Canes' Erik Cole has been cleared to skate, just a little over 2 months after suffering a fractured vertebra.  He was amazing in the regular season, scoring 30 goals in 60 games, until the injury.  To me if he plays, he's a dead man.  Stupid to try and come back that quickly.

694604[/snapback]

Being cleared to skate and being cleared for contact are 2 totally different beasts. I'll be shocked if we see Mr. Cole lace 'em up this postseason.

Connolly is out for games 1 and 2.  He won't make the trip to Carolina.  To me that doesn't sound good for his return in this series, if not beyond.

Adam Mair has been cleared for contact and needs to be cleared to play in games.  That's good news.

Kalinin still out, as expected.  I'd save him for the SCF's, if the Sabres get that far.

694604[/snapback]

I was reading in the paper today that the Sabres are VERY cautious about putting guys on planes who have had concussions. They believe that Maxim flying to Buffalo just a couple of days after suffering a concussion in Russia a few years ago contributed to his symptoms and he missed most of the year.

Same thing with Connolly and Hecht two years ago. They had a West Coast trip right after they took a head shot, and the plane ride sent them into severe dizzy spells, etc. I think Mair flew after his original concussion this year too, and he had a relapse.

Still, the fact that Connolly has not been on the ice yet is not good news. I really don't expect to see him back at all. He had 5 goals and 6 assists in 6 games- DAMN!!!

Sabres Notebook- concussions

I was reading in the paper today that the Sabres are VERY cautious about putting guys on planes who have had concussions.  They believe that Maxim flying to Buffalo just a couple of days after suffering a concussion in Russia a few years ago contributed to his symptoms and he missed most of the year.

Same thing with Connolly and Hecht two years ago.  They had a West Coast trip right after they took a head shot, and the plane ride sent them into severe dizzy spells, etc.  I think Mair flew after his original concussion this year too, and he had a relapse.

Still, the fact that Connolly has not been on the ice yet is not good news.  I really don't expect to see him back at all.  He had 5 goals and 6 assists in 6 games- DAMN!!!

694626[/snapback]

Interesting stuff thanks.

694604[/snapback]

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is so great about Adam Mair? I thought he was more of an enforcer than an offensive threat.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is so great about Adam Mair?  I thought he was more of an enforcer than an offensive threat.

694675[/snapback]

Really, he's not an enforcer or an offensive threat. He's just pure energy. He brings an element that is not seen in the rest of our 'interchangable' forwards. He is a maniac on the ice, hits everything that moves, and is solid down low. Not much for scoring, but he is probably good for about 8-10 goals a year. There were games in the middle of the season before he got hurt where he and Gaustad on a line dominated opponents, cycling the puck down low. He's great on the forecheck and makes defenders pay with the body for playing the puck. Also, he fights!!! Probably won't fight now because it's the playoffs, and because he's got a sore head...but when you think about it, if somebody needs to get challenged, all we have is Gaustad to do the business.

I wouldn't mind a Mair for Pyatt switch at all, and that's with Pyatt playing pretty well.

I wouldn't mind a Mair for Pyatt switch at all, and that's with Pyatt playing pretty well.

694686[/snapback]

I really like the way Pyatt has been playing. He picked up his game a lot, the last few weeks of the regular season, and has carried on in the playoffs. I am not sure I would make that switch, with things going as well as they have been. I don't want to over think it too much, but Mair doesn't do a lot for me. With him having missed so much time, I would be careful about tinkering with things too much right now.

I was reading in the paper today that the Sabres are VERY cautious about putting guys on planes who have had concussions.  They believe that Maxim flying to Buffalo just a couple of days after suffering a concussion in Russia a few years ago contributed to his symptoms and he missed most of the year.

Same thing with Connolly and Hecht two years ago.  They had a West Coast trip right after they took a head shot, and the plane ride sent them into severe dizzy spells, etc.  I think Mair flew after his original concussion this year too, and he had a relapse.

Still, the fact that Connolly has not been on the ice yet is not good news.  I really don't expect to see him back at all.  He had 5 goals and 6 assists in 6 games- DAMN!!!

694626[/snapback]

Who the hell is their team pilot? A Habs or Leaf fan? Can't they make a nice, easy, and gentle ascent/descent? :D:D

I remember one time flying into Midway, the captain came on saying that we were 20 minutes behind and he was gonna try to bring it "back on time"... Well, I guess he got clearance because we actually landed right on time... And man did he make a wicked descent... My head and ears were screaming all the way down! :doh::lol: ...Than at the "short" MDW runways they have to throw the engines in reverse extra hard just to stop in that short distance... That was one hell of a landing!