people outside of Buffalo better hope there is

NBC has 3 hours for the game..rumor is..if you are outside of Buff/Car..Preakness coverage begins at 5pm... :wacko:

694582[/snapback]

They shoot horses, don't they?

They shoot horses, don't they?

694585[/snapback]

:wacko: Crude but hilarious.

They used to shoot them on the track when they had a severe injury, now I think they give them an injection that kills them.

Anyways, OT shouldn't matter, apparently the Sabres can score less than 5 minutes in without a problem. They were just toying with Philly in that first game.

Anyways, OT shouldn't matter, apparently the Sabres can score less than 5 minutes in without a problem.  They were just toying with Philly in that first game.

694614[/snapback]

That was amazing. Total OT time for the three OT games in Round 2: 7 minutes and 49 seconds. And 5:05 of that came in Game 3 alone. Four shots...three goals.

That was amazing.  Total OT time for the three OT games in Round 2:  7 minutes and 49 seconds.  And 5:05 of that came in Game 3 alone.  Four shots...three goals.

694622[/snapback]

3 goals in 7:49 - that equals a 23.03 GAA and a 0.25 SavePCT for Emery in OT.

All I can say is that i'm gonna be one pissed off Sabres fan if the game runs into the Preakness and NBC doesn't change the feed to one of it's other channels, i.e. CNBC, MSNBC, USA, etc... I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have such a contingency. But then again, this is the NHL....I'm counting on the Sworsmen to finish it in regulation.

Kinda funny... I was thinking about that... I watched the Oilers game, OLN was billing the Sabres'-'Canes' game as a "fast-paced quick game"... Were they hinting to people in a subtle way... ;);)

And don't worry, they will just hold the Preakness up... With the horses in the hole each with their own monitor of the Sabres-'Canes' game... :doh::lol:

I heard Barbaro is pulling for Jean-Pierre or Maxim to pull it out in OT!

:D:D

NBC has 3 hours for the game..rumor is..if you are outside of Buff/Car..Preakness coverage begins at 5pm... :doh:

694582[/snapback]

Unless you are a DirecTV HD subscriber. In addition to their NBC broadcasts, they are carrying the game in HD on their special events channel 95, which presumably will stay with the game through its duration.

Unless you are a DirecTV HD subscriber.  In addition to their NBC broadcasts, they are carrying the game in HD on their special events channel 95, which presumably will stay with the game through its duration.

695104[/snapback]

Do you mean that NBC is carrying it in HD or are you referring to some special channel carried by DirectTV only?

Do you mean that NBC is carrying it in HD or are you referring to some special channel carried by DirectTV only?

695105[/snapback]

Both. NBC is broadcasting the game in HD, and I'm sure channel 95 on D* will carry that feed, it's just that if local NBC affiliates switch out for the race, 95 should stick with the game since the channel is dedicated for the game.

I was surprised to see that D* was carrying it on their channel 95, which is a HD special events channel, when they're already carrying it on their NBC channels (some of which are available in HD). I get my local NBC with an over the air antenna, so I'll get it in HD there. But if they switch, I'll move to channel 95 and still get it and in HD. This is a good omen for the OLN games in HD, as they also carried the Ducks/Oilers game in HD last night on 95.

Both.  NBC is broadcasting the game in HD, and I'm sure channel 95 on D* will carry that feed, it's just that if local NBC affiliates switch out for the race, 95 should stick with the game since the channel is dedicated for the game. 

695110[/snapback]

Thanks. It'll be sweet to watch them in HD today.