Lost

VCR? What's that?

697109[/snapback]

for those of us too poor for digital cable, thats how we record TV shows. It involves a casette with magnetic tape, not too dissimilar to a music casette. But this one records video. you may have remembered the VCR from back in the 90's. :lol:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After rewatching this epiosde last night, I think Walt's "they're pretending" comment is referring to the whole Others village. 

They probably have it pretty cushy somewhere but built this rustic village, don tattered clothes, and apply fake beards for some ulterior motive - maybe to give the impression that they're less formidable.

On that formidable note, we know the Other's have at least 8 guns - the rifle and the pistol they took off Mike, the five they took off the posse that went after Mike, and at least one when they shot Sawyer on the raft.

I'm not sure I'd want to go after them on their turf with at best a 11-8 gun advantage.

697067[/snapback]

I agree with the pretending theory...they've been around too long, plus they have had the opporutnity to raid the many different hatches.

Uh oh...der's gonna be a shootout!

One thing I forgot to mention, did anyone else notice the tribal drum in the background music when the Others brought Michael into camp?

I don't know if it was supposed to signify how they've become primitive or savage, but it really cracked me up.

ok, heres something freaky. I was at a friends house this past weekend, and noticed over his front door, he has a dharma mirror. its octagonal, with the lines on every side. Except instead of a swan or arrow, etc, theres a mirror in the middle.

ok, heres something freaky. I was at a friends house this past weekend, and noticed over his front door, he has a dharma mirror. its octagonal, with the lines on every side. Except instead of a swan or arrow, etc, theres a mirror in the middle.

697357[/snapback]

That octagonal figure is a Korean symbol. It is a common symbol, and in fact I think it is used on the Korean flag. So, it is not unique to Lost.

That octagonal figure is a Korean symbol. It is a common symbol, and in fact I think it is used on the Korean flag. So, it is not unique to Lost.

697359[/snapback]

It's actually a representation of all the trigrams in the I Ching. It's been around...oh, maybe five thousand years.

http://www.chinesefooddiy.com/IChing.htm

By the way, I don't agree with the BS spouted in the page. It's just the only image I could find...