ESPN mullet head hockey analyst

dib

That article actually seemed pretty fair to the Sabres. The two teams are similar in many ways, but Carolina has the better power play, better health (we're missing Connolly and Kalinin), and home field advantage. If I was an unbiased hockey observer, I'd pick Carolina as well.

But I'm not, and so I pick the Sabres in 6!!!!!!!!!!

694260[/snapback]

Carolina's pp has been ranked higher in the post season than Buffalo's, but if you take all 90 or so games played to date; Buffalo's is still ranked higher. I would actually say they are a wash or give Carolina a very slight advantage (because Timmy appears to be out).

I do not give Carolina better health. Their 2nd best player (Cole) is out, has been out, and will stay out. Stillman gave Canes fans a scare, if he can't go; I'd give Buffalo the edge. With Stillman in, I'd call injuries a wash.

Home ice? In this series it hasn't meant much. Buffalo is 1-0-1 in Carolina and Carolina is 2-0-0 in Buffalo. Carolina is the best home team in the East, but Buffalo is the best road team in the East.

anal-ist should be more like it.  Mullet head (I forget his name) predicts Carolina to take the Cup.

Too mush mousse effecting (affecting?)his thought processes.

693424[/snapback]

Did the Sabres not hire him for a job recently? Was he a canidate for the assistant coach slot that Scott Arneil got? Barry used to love the Sabres.

But where in the HELL do you find those avatars?  :wacko:

694282[/snapback]

You and dib are an exploration in opposites. Dib graces us with hot, chesty nubiles...you grace us with ugly old white men...what is your issue! :doh:

Come on' dib. Melrose has been very complimentary of the Sabres throughout the season and postseason. Carolina did take two of three from us in the regular season. He is entitled to his opinion.

693473[/snapback]

Those games against the 'Canes were close.

Game in November was realy a 3-4 affair with an EN goal for CAR in the final minute.

Game two was a shootout win for the 'Canes.

Game three had the Sabres playing "brain dead" in period 2... Gave up 4 goals... Then in period three, stormed back and scored 3 to fall short one short.

Game 4 this year was a Sabre blanking of the 'Canes, when they were playing for home ice and conference best record, and the shutout was with Biron in net.

If Connolly, Mair, and Kalinin can return for a good part of the Carolina series and beyond, the cup is the Sabres'.  But keep on making those predictions, Barry!

693458[/snapback]

I'd go as far to say if Connolly alone comes back we win the cup

I'd go as far to say if Connolly alone comes back we win the cup

694623[/snapback]

I agree, but I think the chances are very remote that Connolly returns at all. I'm just hoping he comes out of this ok and can hopefully one day continue his career.

I agree, but I think the chances are very remote that Connolly returns at all.  I'm just hoping he comes out of this ok and can hopefully one day continue his career.

694629[/snapback]

Ironic or intentional that it was Connolly that got drilled after he drilled Umberger?

Ironic or intentional that it was Connolly that got drilled after he drilled Umberger?

694642[/snapback]

It couldnt have been intentional. why would ottawa care about umberger. Sure connolloy took an elbow, btu he had his head down and ducked to try and avoid the hit. Its a real reach to find anything terribly dirty about the hit.

I hope this was only a minor concussion. the kid was really starting to blossom. :wacko:

694642[/snapback]

Considering that Campbell was the one who clocked Umberger, I'm not sure what you mean?