ESPN mullet head hockey analyst

dib

anal-ist should be more like it. Mullet head (I forget his name) predicts Carolina to take the Cup.

Too mush mousse effecting (affecting?)his thought processes.

anal-ist should be more like it.  Mullet head (I forget his name) predicts Carolina to take the Cup.

693424[/snapback]

Good, a lot of pulications have started to jump on the Sabres bandwagon. I don't want them getting too full of themselves.

anal-ist should be more like it.  Mullet head (I forget his name) predicts Carolina to take the Cup.

693424[/snapback]

:) Melrose. What a tool. How many times has he had to change that prediction now? Didn't he have Detroit or Dallas going in and then Ottawa?

693424[/snapback]

Come on' dib. Melrose has been very complimentary of the Sabres throughout the season and postseason. Carolina did take two of three from us in the regular season. He is entitled to his opinion.

Come on' dib. Melrose has been very complimentary of the Sabres throughout the season and postseason. Carolina did take two of three from us in the regular season. He is entitled to his opinion.

693473[/snapback]

How many did Ottawa take?

Opinions are like *. Everyone has one and everyone thinks evrybody elses stink.

Opinions are like *.  Everyone has one and everyone thinks evrybody elses stink.

693487[/snapback]

This series will be much more difficult than Ottawa. The Canes' have some real veteran leadership that will not do a "deer in the headlights" if a little adversity hits. Plus, their game is more about crashing the net than dipsy-doodling, which will put a lot of pressure on Buffalo's smaller forwards.

I sense a lot of over-confidence among Sabres fans this week. I hope the team is shutting all of this giddiness out.

If Connolly, Mair, and Kalinin can return for a good part of the Carolina series and beyond, the cup is the Sabres'.  But keep on making those predictions, Barry!

693458[/snapback]

Connolly is listed as day to day, Mair the same and Kalinin is out.

693424[/snapback]

I love Melrose, but whats caracking me up now is he kept refering to the Senators as the Detroit Pistons of the NHL during the Sabres series. Now, with the Pistons down 3-2 , maybe he was on to someting :)

Opinions are like *.  Everyone has one and everyone thinks evrybody elses stink.

693487[/snapback]

If i might attempt to stand out...

I do think everybody else's stinks, however I also think mine stinks. Does that make me cool :)

Isnt that exactly what we want though? Melrose has picked against us the entire playoffs and look how well we've done.

I LOVE to see the national media continue to downplay the Sabres.

I just checked out ESPN.com's series preview, and they also have the Canes beating the Sabres.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2006...cott&id=2448988

In all fairness to Melrose, I heard him on ESPN when the 'Canes were down to Montreal saying that he still thought they would comeout of the East. I am not sure he said they would win it all but I a pretty positive that he has been consisitent on his thinking that the 'Canes will would win the East. But alas he also said that the Otters were the NHL's version of the Pistons and most likely would come back on the Sabres.......He might have been 50% right there too.....The Pistons are most likely going to join the Sens on the golf course very soon, very much like the Pistons.

In all fairness to Melrose, I heard him on ESPN when the 'Canes were down to Montreal saying that he still thought they would comeout of the East.  I am not sure he said they would win it all but I a pretty positive that he has been consisitent on his thinking that the 'Canes will would win the East.  But alas he also said that the Otters were the NHL's version of the Pistons and most likely would come back on the Sabres.......He might have been 50% right there too.....The Pistons are most likely going to join the Sens on the golf course very soon, very much like the Pistons.

693682[/snapback]

I remember in before the playoffs started, I think he took Ottawa, but he did say watch out for the Hurricanes they could be a dark horse.

693473[/snapback]

Melrose has been high on Carolina all season. I believe his SC final prediction, early in the season, was Dallas and Carolina. At least he is sticking to his guns.

While I never heard him speak poorly of the Sabres, my only recollection of him really talking about the Sabres was predicting that Ottawa would come back from being down 2-0 in this past series. "The Sabres can't win like this (one goal OT wins on the road), against a team like Ottawa, for two more games" is close to exactly what he said....he seemed to be implying that Buffalo was more lucky than good....

Melrose has been high on Carolina all season.  I believe his SC final prediction, early in the season, was Dallas and Carolina.  At least he is sticking to his guns.

While I never heard him speak poorly of the Sabres, my only recollection of him really talking about the Sabres was predicting that Ottawa would come back from being down 2-0 in this past series.  "The Sabres can't win like this (one goal OT wins on the road), against a team like Ottawa, for two more games" is close to exactly what he said....he seemed to be implying that Buffalo was more lucky than good....

693734[/snapback]

Under most circumstances what he said is true. I am not saying that the Sabres were lucky, but the series was evenly matched and most games could have gone either way. What he is saying is that you can't expect to always be on the winning end of a close game, especially against a team like Ottawa.

I remember in before the playoffs started, I think he took Ottawa, but he did say watch out for the Hurricanes they could be a dark horse.

693703[/snapback]

I've never heard him predict anyone but the Canes coming out, Engblom (easy to get the 2 mullets confused) had Ottawa in the Cup. Its really going to piss me off when the sabres win this series and THEN everyone starts to pick them.

This is gonna be a great series because much like our season series with Ottawa, the Canes won early in the season, but when there was actually something on the line the Sabres won. Lets not forget that the Sabres, with nothing to play for, went down to Carolina for game 2 of a back to back, and dominated the Canes in their own building. If the Canes had won they would have had home ice throughout. The other two games the Canes won but one of those wins came in a shootout. The only game they played that even closely resembled a big game was the final game of the season and our Sabres took it to the southerners. While i am optimistic, i am not myopic and think this series will go 6 or 7 with the Sabres ending up playing for Lord Stanley's Cup. But by god we need Connolly back, he was magical before he got hurt. Go Sabres!

Isnt that exactly what we want though?  Melrose has picked against us the entire playoffs and look how well we've done.

I LOVE to see the national media continue to downplay the Sabres.

I just checked out ESPN.com's series preview, and they also have the Canes beating the Sabres.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2006...cott&id=2448988

693676[/snapback]

That article actually seemed pretty fair to the Sabres. The two teams are similar in many ways, but Carolina has the better power play, better health (we're missing Connolly and Kalinin), and home field advantage. If I was an unbiased hockey observer, I'd pick Carolina as well.

But I'm not, and so I pick the Sabres in 6!!!!!!!!!!

This is gonna be a great series because much like our season series with Ottawa, the Canes won early in the season, but when there was actually something on the line the Sabres won. Lets not forget that the Sabres, with nothing to play for, went down to Carolina for game 2 of a back to back, and dominated the Canes in their own building. If the Canes had won they would have had home ice throughout.  The other two games the Canes won but one of those wins came in a shootout.  The only game they played that even closely resembled a big game was the final game of the season and our Sabres took it to the southerners.  While i am optimistic, i am not myopic and think this series will go 6 or 7 with the Sabres ending up playing for Lord Stanley's Cup.  But by god we need Connolly back, he was magical before he got hurt. Go Sabres!

694249[/snapback]

I'm not gonna forget that game, I was in the second row at that one, cheering our boys on. It was great! I hope they take it to the Hurricanes this series like they did that game.