Rasheed Wallace...

LeBron and the James Gang seem to respond pretty well.

Really, if Rasheed keeps his mouth shut, the series is 3-1 Detroit right now. However, it's 2-2 and the Cavaliers have momentum. I don't see them winning Game 5, but they can win Game 6 in front of the home crowd Friday night.

And they would have a puncher's chance in a Game 7. We all know funny things happen in a Game 7 (see Red Sox-Yankees, 2004).

So, I want R. Wallace to keep giving his Guaran-sheed. Give more fuel to a 21 year old player who is more advanced than Jordan was at his age.

BTW, a real class move by the Cavaliers franchise: Cavaliers join Larry Hughes for brother's funeral.

It's fun watching a team grow up right before your eyes. With the Sabres doing the same thing, I think you all can relate.

Mike

I am rooting for them to pull the upset...

692423[/snapback]

The most popular t-shirt right now in Cleveland is a black T-shirt that was given away before Game 1 of the Wizards series. It simply says "Witness" with the Nike logo underneath.

$21.00 at the Cavs gift shop.

Mike

This is why they play the games.

A week ago, I figured there was no way in the world the Cavaliers would win more than one game. Heck, I even posted that here.

Now? We'll see...it's a best of three series.

Mike

This is why they play the games.

A week ago, I figured there was no way in the world the Cavaliers would win more than one game.  Heck, I even posted that here.

Now?  We'll see...it's a best of three series.

Mike

692462[/snapback]

indeed...the Pistons were bored through most of the season, they were able to go into cruise control, then turn it on...now with a hungry and somewhat talented team (King James VERY talented) they are finding it a bit more difficult..so many missed chances to tip in a shot here or there last night that would have made the difference. They got the wake up call...they'll show up from here on out.

It's fun watching a team grow up right before your eyes.  With the Sabres doing the same thing, I think you all can relate.

Mike

692419[/snapback]

I hear ya...

Another thing in common, though 30 years apart:

the Braves moved to San Diego in 1978, and

LeBron will be moving to LA in 2008...

Pretty eerie, ain't it.

GO PISTONS!

I hear ya...

Another thing in common, though 30 years apart:

the Braves moved to San Diego in 1978, and

LeBron will be moving to LA in 2008...

Pretty eerie, ain't it.

693076[/snapback]

Won't happen.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the Cavaliers can offer more money to LeBron than any other team. They can offer a max contract extension this summer, in the area of $73-75 million over the next five seasons. And that doesn't kick in until after the end of next season.

If LeBron refuses the extension, he would be the first player since the 1999 lockout to do so. NBA contracts are guaranteed, so LeBron would risk losing all of that money should he suffer an injury. Even if he were to refuse the extension, the Cavaliers can match any offer through 2008. Which they would do.

The other thing to consider is that LeBron is from Northern Ohio. He knows Cleveland sports, and he knows that the team to win the region's first title since the 1964 Browns will be remembered forever. I believe he wants to be a part of that, and he has not given any indication otherwise. In fact, it's been just the opposite. He has said in interviews he wants to stay in Cleveland and win titles here.

The Cavaliers are in a terrific situation right now. It may well be the start of a golden era.

Slowly, but very surely, Cleveland is turning into a basketball town.

Mike