Small Market Teams in the NHL

If this happens in the NFL it is a great thing and shows how unpredictable the league is and how almost anyone can win??? It is celebrated in the NFL but looked down upon in the NHL...

I have a theory on why that is:

Most of these sports 'personalities' on the radio and TV just want to find ANY way NOT to talk about the NHL, because the NHL is not controversial enough for these bafoons....the other sports provide comments by 'model citizens' like Rasheed Wallace so these idiots on the radio can spend time talking about that to 'earn' their paycheck...heaven forbid any of these guys try to talk NHL as a SPORT...nah, brining up bad TV ratings and small markets being there is bad is enough for these 'experts' to handle in one day.

I've said my peace. :lol:

If this happens in the NFL it is a great thing and shows how unpredictable the league is and how almost anyone can win???  It is celebrated in the NFL but looked down upon in the NHL...

I have a theory on why that is:

Most of these sports 'personalities' on the radio and TV just want to find ANY way NOT to talk about the NHL, because the NHL is not controversial enough for these bafoons....the other sports provide comments by 'model citizens' like Rasheed Wallace so these idiots on the radio can spend time talking about that to 'earn' their paycheck...heaven forbid any of these guys try to talk NHL as a SPORT...nah, brining up bad TV ratings and small markets being there is bad is enough for these 'experts' to handle in one day.

I've said my peace.  :lol:

691811[/snapback]

Also because the New York Rangers haven't been competitive in recent years, except for this season.

When the Rangers won the Cup in 1994, all of NYC went nuts, except for that section of Queens and LI that consist of Isles fans.

Other than that, who has won the cup over the past 20 years?

Edmonton

Calgary

Pittsburgh

Montreal

Colorado

New Jersey (might as well be Timbuktu to NY media types)

Detroit

Tampa Bay

Except for New Jersey and maybe Detroit, there's hardly a major market in the bunch.

Of course, I'm the same guy who claims that the small market-large market argument is largely invalid in the 21st century, so what the heck do I know? :P

Mike