The Official 'I was never off the Sabres Bandwagon

...and I have never had any doubt that they would win and I always had full trust in Golisano and I always had full trust in Regier and I always had full trust in Ruff and I never had any doubt about Ryan Miller and it was everyone else who jumped off the bandwagon and are now trying to get back on so there Thread'.

:P

...and I have never had any doubt that they would win and I always had full trust in Golisano and I always had full trust in Regier and I always had full trust in Ruff and I never had any doubt about Ryan Miller and it was everyone else who jumped off the bandwagon and are now trying to get back on so there Thread'.

:P

691639[/snapback]

Okay...so I DID have some doubts about Miller. Still do, in fact.

But I was never off the bandwagon, truly.

Okay...so I DID have some doubts about Miller.  Still do, in fact. 

But I was never off the bandwagon, truly.

691662[/snapback]

If saying in Oct"i'll be happy with the playoffs " counts as being off, I was off to

I still am concerned with Miller's ability to stop long shots. That being said, I'm **driving** the Sabres bandwagon.

691702[/snapback]

He stops them when he sees them. Nearly every Ottawa goal after Game 1 was a screened or deflected shot. Miller's save percentage is .948 or something ridiculous like that since Game 1.

I still contend that Miller didn't play "poorly" in Game 1, either -- he just didn't do a good job controlling rebounds, which led to 2nd and 3rd opportunities.

Miller has only given up one "bad" goal in the playoffs, by my count -- the tiebreaking goal to Umberger in Game 4 of the Philly series.

I was down on Darcy...actually, I still think he's a weak link. But, I was never off the Sabres' wagon, just as I've never been off the Bills' wagon.

I'm not a hockey fan and don't follow it or understand the intricacies of it. But since I love the Bills and understand how much the city of Buffalo likes the Sabres and how much they would be lifted by actually winning a championship in something, I have been keeping track of them and hope they can somehow pull it off.

I'm not a hockey fan and don't follow it or understand the intricacies of it. But since I love the Bills and understand how much the city of Buffalo likes the Sabres and how much they would be lifted by actually winning a championship in something, I have been keeping track of them and hope they can somehow pull it off.

691842[/snapback]

Good man. :lol:

Actually, I am jogging alongside the bandwagon, waiting to jump on if they make the Stanley Cup. I started my warm up when I heard they made the playoffs (did not watch one second of Hockey all year :lol: ) then I picked up the pace after I watched one game a week or so back...then I am getting closer and closer after watching the highlights of this most recently won series (Ottawa?? :P )

Seriously, I have watched about 30 real-time minutes of the Sabres this post-season and countless highlights.......they look pretty fast, pretty tough, and highly skilled.

I am ready to make the leap...the question is, are the Sabres going to keep the bandwagon moving forward so I can land on it or will the wheels come off?? :lol:

Great thread! :P

I still don't follow hockey anymore and it would look far too disingenuous for me to jump back on the band wagon in here, but I am watching these games when they are on TV,

GO SABRES! :lol::lol:

I was down on Darcy...actually, I still think he's a weak link.  But, I was never off the Sabres' wagon, just as I've never been off the Bills' wagon.

691840[/snapback]

Rhett Warrener and a 5th Rd Pick(Ryan Miller) for Mike WIlson...STu Barnes for Barnaby...Gilmour AND DUmont for Grosek...Drury for Warrener..Lydman for a draft pick...2 Draft Picks for Hecht...Gratton for Briere..Jakub Klepis to Washington for Mike Grier

:lol: HOly F..if he is our weak link then we are GOLDEN

Rhett Warrener and a 5th Rd Pick(Ryan Miller) for Mike WIlson...STu Barnes for Barnaby...Gilmour AND DUmont for Grosek...Drury for Warrener..Lydman for a draft pick...2 Draft Picks for Hecht...Gratton for Briere..Jakub Klepis to Washington for Mike Grier

:lol: HOly F..if he is our weak link then we are GOLDEN

691896[/snapback]

It's seriously funny how people who only look at the record have missed how deep this organization really is. By all accounts, we also pulled off quite a haul in the last two drafts. That remains to be seen but Darcy has done an amazing job with very limited resources and this team could be good for a very long time. Some of that will obviously involve luck (can't keep having key guys injured for such long stretches) but there are few teams that are as well built as the hometown boys.

It'd sure be nice to have see how he'd do it with a full cap to spend. Not that I think he'd sign a bunch of superstar players but we could add some serious depth, especially on the blue line.

691842[/snapback]

Same here - never watched a complete hockey game in my life until the Sabres/Flyers series...

It's seriously funny how people who only look at the record have missed how deep this organization really is.  By all accounts, we also pulled off quite a haul in the last two drafts.  That remains to be seen but Darcy has done an amazing job with very limited resources and this team could be good for a very long time.  Some of that will obviously involve luck (can't keep having key guys injured for such long stretches) but there are few teams that are as well built as the hometown boys.

It'd sure be nice to have see how he'd do it with a full cap to spend.  Not that I think he'd sign a bunch of superstar players but we could add some serious depth, especially on the blue line.

692025[/snapback]

Darcy has always made great trades. My issue has always been his reluctance to make a trade when a trade is necessary. It's like every trade had to be great, or perfect (ie, lopsided in the Sabres' favor)...and that's just not the way things work.

In past years, he got the benefit of the doubt as the Sabres were poor/losing money/etc. He (and Lindy) have clearly done things the right way for the nes NHL. I'll be the first to admit, they kept the right guys, dumped the right guys and built a team designed to play in the new environment.

But, he had three goalies and KNEW he needed to get rid of one. Actually, he had the same situation two years ago and did nothing. He sat on his hands until Nikka forced him into making a pretty crappy deal (that must have KILLED Darcy). The official explanation (from what i read) is he didn't want to upset team chemistry by bringing in a new player. I still think he could have strenthened the team by making the move earlier.

But...right now, I really can't complain. That's why I came out in this thread. I'm still suspicous. I still have a feeling he misses out on opportunities due to his methods. But...right now, I'm wrong, it seems. So, all hail Darcy. But...i still thinlk Lindy is the MAN here.

It'd sure be nice to have see how he'd do it with a full cap to spend.  Not that I think he'd sign a bunch of superstar players but we could add some serious depth, especially on the blue line.

692025[/snapback]

I can't say that I am super familiar with the new "salary cap" rules in the NHL. Are the Sabres still under the current cap? I just saw an interview with Redden on OLN, talking about all of the changes in store for Ottawa. He is the one Senator "superstar" that impressed me in this past series. He is an unrestricted free agent, along with Chara. Management is saying they want them both back, but they can likely only try to keep one. Chara seems to be the odd man out. Frankly, while he is a physical prescence, he seems like a bit of a stiff to me...

Redden himself, was kind of non-committal about wanting to return...he said he "just wants to win" and will look at all of his options. How good would he look in a Sabres uniform? I think I could stomach losing McKee, if this was his replacement. You think signing Redding would throw the salary cap out of whack for the team?

I just started watching hockey two years ago. I watched a lot and tried to learn as much about the game as possible. I was looking forward to year 2, and then the stike. Now they start again with different rules, so I kind of started all over.

I wouldn't call myself a Sabres "fan", but because of this board I'm cheering pretty loudly for them now.

I can't say that I am super familiar with the new "salary cap" rules in the NHL.  Are the Sabres still under the current cap?  I just saw an interview with Redden on OLN, talking about all of the changes in store for Ottawa.  He is the one Senator "superstar" that impressed me in this past series.  He is an unrestricted free agent, along with Chara.  Management is saying they want them both back, but they can likely only try to keep one.  Chara seems to be the odd man out.  Frankly, while he is a physical prescence, he seems like a bit of a stiff to me...

Redden himself, was kind of non-committal about wanting to return...he said he "just wants to win" and will look at all of his options.  How good would he look in a Sabres uniform?  I think I could stomach losing McKee, if this was his replacement.  You think signing Redding would throw the salary cap out of whack for the team?

692087[/snapback]

We're somewhere around $12 million under the current cap.

Redden is a terrific player and if he doesn't stay in Ottawa someone is going to make him rich - it won't be us. Current max salary is just under $8 million. We don't have anyone even close to that and Redden is gonna be near that number when he signs his new deal. He'll likely give the Sens first crack with a hometown discount but I doubt if he leaves it'll be for an amount we could offer.

That said, I'm not sure I want the guy after watching him basically ole' Pominville on that last goal. You can't teach "want" and players who have the chance to legally clean someone's clock in OT with their season on the line but instead go for the "stick over" may never reach that level. Hard to say if just being a Senator/Maple Leaf/insert other underachieving franchise causes that.

That said, I'm not sure I want the guy after watching him basically ole' Pominville on that last goal.

692091[/snapback]

Nice way to put it :lol:

I haven't followed the contract stuff much. But I am pretty sure that in the offseason, the premium will be on skating defensemen. I think Salary cap will be

around $42 million, Buffalo's entire payroll was under $30 mil this year.

Correct me if I am wrong but Edmonton/Carolina/Buffalo probably have the best skating defensemen and are still alive.