Sabres Carolina tickets go on sale

Is that legal? I'm two hours from Raleigh, does this count me out?

Edit: Nevermind. I'm in NC so I'm good. I didn't see the "bordering states" line...

691386[/snapback]

Yea, it is. Leonsis did this in DC few years back. Funny story actually. Caps-Quins playoofs, all the Caps fans cried bout to many Penquin fans in the barn for Caps -Penquins games. So, Leonisis restricts sales for game 1 and 2, and lo and behold has bout 4000 empty seats both games. Says this is for the birds, removes the restriction, and gets a sellout for game 5

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I bit the bullet and ponied up a deposit for a 10-game package next year so I'd have priority for playoff tickets, then bought 2 playoff "strips" that include the Cup Finals if the Canes advance.

I figure it's a no-lose scenario. If (when) the Sabres win, I'll have seen them live and can apply the playoff ticket balance to the 10-games next year (I actually do enjoy watching the Canes). If the Canes win, I'll go to the Cup Finals or sell the tix to recoup my investment.

In either case, I'll be at the RBC, sporting Sabres' road whites and cheering my ass off, for the EC Finals. :P

It makes me want to puke.  The only time I would stop being a Bills or Sabres fan would be if either team left Buffalo.  I might still root for them, but it would never be the same.  I have moved all over the country and I never stopped rooting for the Bills and Sabres.  Stay true to your roots.  If I moved to China, would I tell everyone I was Chinese and cheer for Yao Ming?  NO WAY!  I'd still be an American.  Just because you leave WNY doesn't mean you no longer are a WNYer.

691431[/snapback]

agree so when sabres play canes I root for sabres, otherwise I wear a canes sweater I received for free!!!!!

agree so when sabres play canes I root for sabres, otherwise I wear a canes sweater I received for free!!!!!

691525[/snapback]

See I could never do that. I have never had any rooting interest in the Canes whatsoever. I have received many free tickets over the years and have enjoyed the games from a general hockey fans perspective, but I couldn't care less if the Canes won or lost unless it had implications for the Sabres. The Canes doing well does nothing more for me than if the Canucks or Coyotes are playing well.

See I could never do that.  I have never had any rooting interest in the Canes whatsoever.  I have received many free tickets over the years and have enjoyed the games from a general hockey fans perspective, but I couldn't care less if the Canes won or lost unless it had implications for the Sabres. The Canes doing well does nothing more for me than if the Canucks or Coyotes are playing well.

691537[/snapback]

I feel a bit of an urge to pull for the Canes and the Panthers, as long as they are not playing the Bills or Sabers. I am from WNY, and will always be a WNYer, but I have a bit of a soft spot for the Carolina teams.

That being said...

THE SABERS WILL CRUSH THE CANES!!!! GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!

It makes me want to puke.  The only time I would stop being a Bills or Sabres fan would be if either team left Buffalo.  I might still root for them, but it would never be the same.  I have moved all over the country and I never stopped rooting for the Bills and Sabres.  Stay true to your roots.  If I moved to China, would I tell everyone I was Chinese and cheer for Yao Ming?  NO WAY!  I'd still be an American.  Just because you leave WNY doesn't mean you no longer are a WNYer.

691431[/snapback]

OK morons, and pukers....comprehend before you all get your panties in a bunch. I grew up in Pittsburgh. My whole family was sitting around watching the Steelers and Bills in the first NFL game I can remember watching. Just to be a dickhead little kid, I guess, I rooted for the Bills. Then, one chhristmas I get Bills tickets up in Orchard Park, and through high school, college and now, here I am. I now have season tickets, and travel all over to see the Bills.

I love Penn State, the Pirates, and the Penguins. Since my NHL team sucks, I chose to go to Carolina a couple of years ago and catch the Canes in the playoffs. Their prices are cheap, their crowd is very rowdy, and they tailgate. Enough for me. So, when the Pens suck, and I need to experience playoff hockey, I go and watch the Canes. And it's very fun. If the Pens ever move, I'll have no problem switching. The NHL is the NHL. If the Bills ever moved, I could never root for anyone else.

Now, is that acceptable, or is there some kind of application I must fill out to be able to have become a BILLS FAN ONLY? I have no ties, allegiances, or pride to root for the Sabres whatsoever. Matter of fact, in 2002, when the Pens spanked the Sabes.....it was soooo odd. I'm up in HSBC, game 5....Sabres win.....and I'm around all my Bills bretheren, but I was in full Lemiuex gear rooting for the Penguins. That, I must admit, kinda sucked. Cuz I love the Buffalo sports crowd.

Go Canes!

Now, is that acceptable, or is there some kind of application I must fill out to be able to have become a BILLS FAN ONLY?

That's acceptable

Matter of fact, in 2002, when the Pens spanked the Sabes.....it was soooo odd.  I'm up in HSBC, game 5....Sabres win.....and I'm around all my Bills bretheren, but I was in full Lemiuex gear rooting for the Penguins. 

Go Canes!

691647[/snapback]

But you still pulled a T-Bone on the Penguins.

That's acceptable

But you still pulled a T-Bone on the Penguins.

691672[/snapback]

lol. Nah, not really. I mean, when you grow up with Lemiuex and the Pens, you are used to high caliber, offensive hockey for years. I've been to New Jersey, Washington, Buffalo, NY (Isles), and probably a few other arena's not to mention Mellon Arena countless times for playoff hockey. Any hockey fan, obviously LOVES playoff atmosphere. We just wanted to grab an underdog when the Canes made their run a couple seasons ago.

Lately, the Pens obviously still suck. There is a hockey team near me that has cheap tickets and a great atmosphere. It's a great area, and a nice arena. So, to get the playoff feel, we went down a couple of years ago, thinking it would suck. It didn't. It was AWESOME in the playoffs in Raleigh. Matter of fact, 4 of us Pens fans (three who actually live in Pittsburgh, and me, a transplant) went to every game in the Eastern Conference finals in Raleigh vs. Toronto, wore full Pens gear and rooted for Ron Francis to get to the Cup. We were a hit. We had Canes fans and Leafs fans (who I hate) all around our tailgate all day. It was fun.

So, with the Pens out again this year, we (all 4 Pittsburgh fans)have repeated going to Canes games in the playoffs. And it's been a blast. I cant' wait for games 1 and 2, most likely this weekend. The NHL passion isn't as strong as football, and the more the Pens threaten to move, the more I think about just becoming a full fledge Canes fan. It's closer, cheaper, nicer, and all I'm really looking for out of the NHL is that cheap thrill until football starts again anyway. But, I'll remain a Pens fan through and through. But, and I say but, if the Pens move, I'll have no problem switching to the Canes to get my football fix.

Sabres fans should enjoy the atmosphere there. It's very rowdy in Raleigh. So, win or lose, the price of the ticket should be a good deal for the Eastern Conference Finals.

Enjoy, and go Canes!

Latest Odds:

2006 STANLEY CUP

Outcome  Odds 

CAROLINA 7-4 

ANAHEIM          2-1 

BUFFALO    2-1 

EDMONTON      17-4 

SAN JOSE  7-1 

I like being the underdog.

691689[/snapback]

TSN reported that the Canes and Sabres started the year at 60-1. Only the Caps had longer odds. :P

PTR

See I could never do that.  I have never had any rooting interest in the Canes whatsoever.  I have received many free tickets over the years and have enjoyed the games from a general hockey fans perspective, but I couldn't care less if the Canes won or lost unless it had implications for the Sabres. The Canes doing well does nothing more for me than if the Canucks or Coyotes are playing well.

691537[/snapback]

well its not like I have become a caniac but i figure i got a free jersey and free tickets so why not root for the home team? I am seriously praying and hoping the Sabres win so I can be smug about being a sabres fan versus accused of jumping on a bandwagon

TSN reported that the Canes and Sabres started the year at 60-1.  Only the Caps had longer odds.  :lol:

PTR

691691[/snapback]

I bet $25 on em to win the Eastern Conference in January at 24-1, even posted it here what great odds they were.

But, and I say but, if the Pens move, I'll have no problem switching to the Canes to get my football fix.

691688[/snapback]

Dude, you're talking about so many teams moving, and sucking, you're getting yourself, and others, confused here!

Go Sabres!