Bring on the Hurricanes!

There actually aren't many teams that I hate more than the Canes simply because I know too many former WNY'ers who pulled a T-Bone and became Canes fans.

691382[/snapback]

Living here now I don't HATE the Canes but I would never replace the Sabres for them. Of course I hate the Canes for this series.... :P

There actually aren't many teams that I hate more than the Canes simply because I know too many former WNY'ers who pulled a T-Bone and became Canes fans.

691382[/snapback]

I don't know anyone that totally dropped the Sabres to be Canes fans. I'm a big Canes fan, but in no way will they ever replace my love for the Sabres.

691382[/snapback]

The 'Canes moved from Hartford... Weren't the Pats gonna move to Hartford... I think it is the silly New England connection?

Originally:

Founded: 1972-1973 as a World Hockey Association (WHA) franchise (awarded November 1971)

Former League(s): WHA (1972-1979)

Formerly Known As: New England Whalers (1972-1979), Hartford Whalers (1979-1997)

Then again, I was reading somewhere where a lot Baltimore football fans became New England fans when the Colts left Baltimore... They would actually make the drive to Foxboro... :lol::P

Must be crazy seaboard/NE thingy...

Just random notes, back to your regularly scheduled program...

These two statements do not match.  If you became a big Canes fan, then you never loved the Sabres.

691423[/snapback]

I concur. Since I have lived here I have gone to a number of Canes games, and even saw them during their Cup run a few years ago. While I pulled for them to win as the "home" team, I would never consider myself a "Canes' fan." For example, I have never purchased a single item of Canes memorabilia or clothing. I believe I own a Canes t-shirt (caught from one of those handheld cannons at a game) and a Canes fishing hat (another freebie).

When the Sabres are not involved, I'll pull for the Canes to do well -- much as I pull for the Panthers in the NFL. When the interests of these local teams and my Sabres or Bills conflict, however, it's not even close.

These two statements do not match.  If you became a big Canes fan, then you never loved the Sabres.

691423[/snapback]

I agree too... Unless he is too young to remember the Whalers... They played in the Adams Divison... Even know the Sabres would beat up on the Wahlers...

It is like a Bills fan saying that they've become big or Colts fans (or Titans... Even if they didn't play in the same division... They changed their name, like the Whalers did).

:lol::P