LeBron James: The "Anti-Kobe"

I like Lebron too but man, he's already getting calls like a 10 year veteran star - that's probably the biggest reason my interest in the NBA has dwindled. He took about 4 steps in his game winner vs. Washinton in Game 3.

Can't believe Tim Duncan fouled out last night - I'm sure Stern will have a talk with those refs - or maybe Timmy just doesn't sell enough jerseys? :ph34r:

I like Lebron too but man, he's already getting calls like a 10 year veteran star - that's probably the biggest reason my interest in the NBA has dwindled.  He took about 4 steps in his game winner vs. Washinton in Game 3. 

Can't believe Tim Duncan fouled out last night - I'm sure Stern will have a talk with those refs - or maybe Timmy just doesn't sell enough jerseys?  :P

691075[/snapback]

Like Michael "Walk" Jordan?

:doh::P

:doh:  :P

691288[/snapback]

They didn't call him 'air' for nothin' :P

Take 4 steps and then do something spectacular in the air and my guess is that people tend to forget about the "walk" that launches him... :lol:  :P

691971[/snapback]

Exactly. He got away with traveling alllll the time. :lol:

:lol:  :P

691288[/snapback]

The 2 steps + jump stop does look a little silly but it's something every NBA player gets away with. I thought Lebron did a little more than that but I could be wrong. Helluva player though, can't believe this series is tied.

This is an awesome article. I can't stand Kobe, and he's a big reason why I don't watch much NBA. But this LeBron James kid is really something.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/sto...gene&id=2444327

691066[/snapback]

A couple of notes:

- I have absolutely NO problem with Lebron James....he is a awesome player and it seems like he is also a awesome person. He is the NEW NBA poster child and deservingly so.

- Kobe Bryant is the "old" NBA poster child and they walked away from him because of the fiasco in Colorado. It sucks and I dont think it is right but Kobe shouldn't have brought that cocaine addict freak up to his room so the fault lies with him in part.

- This columist has 2 things in common with you:

a. He doesn't watch a whole lot of basketball. You because you are honest enough to admit it and this village idiot because he fails to realize that Kobe HAS BEEN where lebron is...let us not forget that Kobe has been to the show and came away with the prize 3 consecutive seasons....Lebron has yet to win anything. And yes.....Shaq does not win those championships without Kobe....and vice versa

b. The hate that spews from this idiots article is astounding....but unfortunately Kobe brings the worst out of people.....Kobe's team has cleaned out their lockers.....had their last interviews for the season......left the parking lot.....Kobe is off somewhere on vacation enjoying spending time with his new baby girl and this guy is still talking about him in his articles......

a.  He doesn't watch a whole lot of basketball.  You because you are honest enough to admit it and this village idiot because he fails to realize that Kobe HAS BEEN where lebron is...let us not forget that Kobe has been to the show and came away with the prize 3 consecutive seasons....Lebron has yet to win anything.  And yes.....Shaq does not win those championships without Kobe....and vice versa

693218[/snapback]

You honestly don't believe if Shaq was in his prime with the Heat and playing with Wade, they wouldn't win a championship? I guess you can't know for sure, but they have been to two ECF Finals in his 2 years in MIA. And Shaq isn't nearly the player now as he was on the Lakers. Point is, Kobe is a great player and you can't take that away from him, but he piggybacked Shaq for championships. He played with the most dominant big man in our generation and chased him away. Kobe has officially entered the pre-championship Jordan phase of his career: great player, stat monster, but won't go far in the playoffs.

You honestly don't believe if Shaq was in his prime with the Heat and playing with Wade, they wouldn't win a championship?  I guess you can't know for sure, but they have been to two ECF Finals in his 2 years in MIA.  And Shaq isn't nearly the player now as he was on the Lakers.  Point is, Kobe is a great player and you can't take that away from him, but he piggybacked Shaq for championships.  He played with the most dominant big man in our generation and chased him away.  Kobe has officially entered the pre-championship Jordan phase of his career: great player, stat monster, but won't go far in the playoffs.

693233[/snapback]

Right now Kobe is playing with a young team that doesn't know how to win yet. Nobody expected them to even make the playoffs and they were 6 seconds and a hold away from making it to the next round (and probably getting stomped by the clippers)

The lakers dont win those 3 consecutive rings without Kobe...period. Just like Kobe hasn't won without Shaq...shaq hasn't won squat without Kobe either.

Right now Kobe is playing with a young team that doesn't know how to win yet.  Nobody expected them to even make the playoffs and they were 6 seconds and a hold away from making it to the next round (and probably getting stomped by the clippers)

The lakers dont win those 3 consecutive rings without Kobe...period.  Just like Kobe hasn't won without Shaq...shaq hasn't won squat without Kobe either.

693238[/snapback]

That's a fair point but Lamar Odom is a good player with playoff experience. In fact before he was traded to the Lakers, he went to the second round of the playoffs with Wade. As for Shaq, not winning anything without Kobe, he has gone to the ECF twice (and took DET to seven games and may have won if Wade didn't hurt his ankle) with MIA and once to the finals with ORL. Kobe is a great player but doesn't necessarily make his team better, ala Steve Nash or LeBron James. And Shaq is the most dominant player who makes player's careers (see Penny Hardaway).

That's a fair point but Lamar Odom is a good player with playoff experience.  In fact before he was traded to the Lakers, he went to the second round of the playoffs with Wade.  As for Shaq, not winning anything without Kobe, he has gone to the ECF twice (and took DET to seven games and may have won if Wade didn't hurt his ankle) with MIA and once to the finals with ORL.  Kobe is a great player but doesn't necessarily make his team better, ala Steve Nash or LeBron James.  And Shaq is the most dominant player who makes player's careers (see Penny Hardaway).

693240[/snapback]

OK I hate Kobe like the next guy but this is going too far. Lamar Odom? The Lakers would be a lottery team without Kobe.

I'm still a witness. :)

And so are about a million new Cavalier fans this morning.

Boy, I wonder how loud Quicken Loans Arena will be tomorrow night?

I admit, I didn't give the Cavaliers a chance to win this thing...and if it happens, it's the biggest upset in the NBA in 30 years.

Mike