Home Ice at Finals?

Ok, am I reading this right? Not to look ahead as I know that's very bad luck, but if the Sabres beat NJ/Car, they'll have home ice in the finals no matter who makes it through. They're forth, while the highest rated team remaining in the west was 5th?

I could be fully off here, but I don't think so...

-Jeff

Ok, am I reading this right?  Not to look ahead as I know that's very bad luck, but if the Sabres beat NJ/Car, they'll have home ice in the finals no matter who makes it through. They're forth, while the highest rated team remaining in the west was 5th?

-Jeff

691041[/snapback]

No jumping the gun - angers the hockey gods.

That said, points is the first determining factor for home ice in the Finals, which means Buffalo would have home ice against all but the top 2 seeds in the West.

No jumping the gun - angers the hockey gods.

That said, points is the first determining factor for home ice in the Finals, which means Buffalo would have home ice against all but the top 2 seeds in the West.

691042[/snapback]

The hockey gods owe us-BIG TIME! :ph34r:

Ok, am I reading this right?  Not to look ahead as I know that's very bad luck, but if the Sabres beat NJ/Car, they'll have home ice in the finals no matter who makes it through. They're forth, while the highest rated team remaining in the west was 5th?

-Jeff

691041[/snapback]

Home-ice advantage for the Stanley Cup Finals is determined by points.