Slightly OT - The UB Bulls

Quote from the Sports Xchange:

"Buffalo, 1-10 last year, has an impressive schedule outside the Mid-American

Conference next fall, facing Auburn, Boston College and Wisconsin"

I think "impressive" is a very kind word to describe the slaughter. Here in

Youngstown, OH, the Youngstown State Penguins (Div 1AA) are getting into this act.

Last year they played Pitt and got beat 48-0. This year, they're playing

Penn State. These are what college coaches call "money games". Youngstown

St. got a check for about 350 grand to play Pitt last year, and will get close to

a half million to be destroyed by Penn State this year. It's like revenue sharing for colleges.

It's all about the networking, just like in the pros.....Jim Tressel coached YSU for fifteen years before taking the Ohio St. job, and I see Turner Gill is the new HC of the Bulls. Hopefully it will lead to better play since they'll hopefully use the money to upgrade the program.

I feel sorry for the players though........there's nothing quite like getting pounded so badly that the other team's freshmen are in the game by the third quarter.

Quote from the Sports Xchange:

"Buffalo, 1-10 last year, has an impressive schedule outside the Mid-American 

Conference next fall, facing Auburn, Boston College and Wisconsin"

I think "impressive" is a very kind word to describe the slaughter.  Here in

Youngstown, OH, the Youngstown State Penguins (Div 1AA) are getting into this act.

Last year they played Pitt and got beat 48-0.  This year, they're playing

Penn State.  These are what college coaches call "money games".  Youngstown

St. got a check for about 350 grand to play Pitt last year, and will get close to

a half million to be destroyed by Penn State this year.  It's like revenue sharing for colleges. 

It's all about the networking, just like in the pros.....Jim Tressel coached YSU for fifteen years before taking the Ohio St. job, and I see Turner Gill is the new HC of the Bulls.  Hopefully it will lead to better play since they'll hopefully use the money to upgrade the program. 

I feel sorry for the players though........there's nothing quite like getting pounded so badly that the other team's freshmen are in the game by the third quarter.

690668[/snapback]

Losing is nothing new to the UB Bulls. They were getting reamed 48-0 by MAC teams.

Franlky, it's a good strategy. The Bulls will make over $1mil in payments. That money will go to improve the program. And after playing Auburn, BC, and Wisconsin, how tough will Ball State look?

If you noticed, Turner Gill has been bringing in the beef to UB, including Jim Kelly's nephew (an OT.) They also signed a great QB prospect from WNY (Naaman Roosevelt.) I think the Bulls will be pretty good in 2-3 years.

If the basketball team can keep succeeding, and the football team improves, could UB be a candidate for the Big East someday?

PTR

If the basketball team can keep succeeding, and the football team improves, could UB be a candidate for the Big East someday?

PTR

691099[/snapback]

I have no doubt that that is in the new AD's mind. Location is great, especially with SU right down the road.