Soccer Reminder: FA Cup and

Good stuff.....I love Pele highlights :)

I was surprised that Ronaldihno was so quiet today.....Henri was really active in the beginning, and that one shot he put on goal was a friggin rocket. I was hoping to see Ronaldihno put on more of an exhibit than he did. Looks like Barcelona will be in the states for a few games this summer.....wish I could go to one  :D

693309[/snapback]

It's not worth it to go. Most of the stars will be burnt out from the long season as well as the world cup.

Ronaldhino played well today, he did exactly what he was supposed to do which was setup the other guys. When he lines up with Ronaldo, Kaka, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Ednilson and the rest, you will see what he can do.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not worth it to go.  Most of the stars will be burnt out from the long season as well as the world cup.

Ronaldhino played well today, he did exactly what he was supposed to do which was setup the other guys.  When he lines up with Ronaldo, Kaka, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Ednilson and the rest, you will see what he can do.

693311[/snapback]

Yeah, I can't wait for June 9th.....last World Cup I was getting married, so I missed most of it. I'm going to watch as many matches as I can this year. My DVR is going to get a helluva workout :)

I want the US to go far, but I mostly want to see some great soccer.

Yeah, I can't wait for June 9th.....last World Cup I was getting married, so I missed most of it. I'm going to watch as many matches as I can this year. My DVR is going to get a helluva workout :D 

I want the US to go far, but I mostly want to see some great soccer.

693313[/snapback]

Heh, should be great.

I watched a lot of games during the last world cup. I used to stay sleepless for days and watch the games, but stopped watching once Italy got eliminated by Korea. :)

Seems as if i'm watching MLS  :)

I guess i like the way serie A is (defensively) in contrast to spain and england where skilled players thrive. 

But like i said before, the scandals in Serie A really killed me.  Like i was telling some friends, it's obvious it's fixed.

691625[/snapback]

You do realise that the English game is always renouned to be the physical, less skillfull variant of the game right?? I geuss that's changed a bit... the knock of Italian leagues is that they are boring with WAYYYY to many 1-0 wins.

I don't know, i doubt it though.  Maybe Nick in England could fill us in but I really doubt that it is that corrupt in other leagues.

693298[/snapback]

Nope - the Premier League does not suffer the corruption that Serie A does.

In fact - Serie A is screwed with corruption and bribes and La Liga (Spain) is screwed with institutional racism and racism from the fans.

I hope England can shed our hooligan image this world cup - we truly have one of the most fair and tolerant football societies now in Europe and the World.

FWIW - Arsenal were robbed by a shady ref and West Ham broke my heart in the FA Cup. Not a good way to start the WC fever... :) Did anyone see how pissed off Thierry Henry was after the game? He accused the ref of playing for Barce!!

FWIW - Arsenal were robbed by a shady ref and West Ham broke my heart in the FA Cup. Not a good way to start the WC fever... :)  Did anyone see how pissed off Thierry Henry was after the game? He accused the ref of playing for Barce!!

693444[/snapback]

The yellow card for Henry was definitely a load of crap. Other than that, I think it was pretty fair. I don't think the ref had any choice about that red for the keeper.

The yellow card for Henry was definitely a load of crap.  Other than that, I think it was pretty fair.  I don't think the ref had any choice about that red for the keeper.

693448[/snapback]

In my view he should have allowed play to continue and let the goal stand...

The guy rarely penalised Barce - but was quick to brandish the yellow card for Arsenal... It smacked of being one sided.

Nope - the Premier League does not suffer the corruption that Serie A does.

In fact - Serie A is screwed with corruption and bribes and La Liga (Spain) is screwed with institutional racism and racism from the fans.

I hope England can shed our hooligan image this world cup - we truly have one of the most fair and tolerant football societies now in Europe and the World.

FWIW - Arsenal were robbed by a shady ref and West Ham broke my heart in the FA Cup. Not a good way to start the WC fever... :D  Did anyone see how pissed off Thierry Henry was after the game? He accused the ref of playing for Barce!!

693444[/snapback]

That is what I meant. In Serie A, it is very tactical. I don't watch much EPL but when I do, i rarely see an upset. I am probably biased though.

I heard on the radio that hooligans trashed Rooney's car. Good start :)

That is what I meant.  In Serie A, it is very tactical.  I don't watch much EPL but when I do, i rarely see an upset.  I am probably biased though. 

693681[/snapback]

In Serie A it is easy to play a tactical game when you have paid the ref!

Far prefer the attacking skillful game to the negative tactical style of Italy.

In Serie A it is easy to play a tactical game when you have paid the ref!

Far prefer the attacking skillful game to the negative tactical style of Italy.

693702[/snapback]

to each his own

Heh, should be great. 

I watched a lot of games during the last world cup.  I used to stay sleepless for days and watch the games, but stopped watching once Italy got eliminated by Korea.  :)

693317[/snapback]

Now that was a disgraceful result. So bad it was laughable. I actually felt sorry for Italy after that game (despite hating their 'style' of football), and really felt bad for their fans - not the way to go out. I really hope that such rubbish disguised as a football match does not raise its head again in the finals this time around.

Now that was a disgraceful result. So bad it was laughable. I actually felt sorry for Italy after that game (despite hating their 'style' of football), and really felt bad for their fans - not the way to go out. I really hope that such rubbish disguised as a football match does not raise its head again in the finals this time around.

693708[/snapback]

The entire Asian World Cup was fixed. It was clear. Still, the best team won.

In my view he should have allowed play to continue and let the goal stand...

The guy rarely penalised Barce - but was quick to brandish the yellow card for Arsenal... It smacked of being one sided.

693453[/snapback]

I thought the ref made quite a few mistakes.

The sending off (too quick to blow his whistle - the goal should have stood and Lehman should have had a yellow).

The free kick Arsenal scored from was dubious.

First Barca goal looked offside to me.

The Henry yellow was horrid.

etc