Soccer Reminder: FA Cup and

The finals for the FA Cup are on Saturday at 3pm EST, and the final match of the Champions League are on Wednesday at 2:30p EST. Arsenal vs. Barcelona features two of the game's superstars in Thierry Henry (Arsenal) and Ronaldhino (Barcelona). I know the Champions League match is on ESPN the deuce, but not sure about the FA Cup final. Should be on either ESPN the deuce or the Fox Soccer Channel.

:D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The finals for the FA Cup are on Saturday at 3pm EST, and the final match of the Champions League are on Wednesday at 2:30p EST. Arsenal vs. Barcelona features two of the game's superstars in Thierry Henry (Arsenal) and Ronaldhino (Barcelona). I know the Champions League match is on ESPN the deuce, but not sure about the FA Cup final. Should be on either ESPN the deuce or the Fox Soccer Channel.

:D

690514[/snapback]

Barcelona will win

I despise English soccer, it's too open.

Soccer really needs an overhaul, it's lost its edge.

Barcelona will win

I despise English soccer, it's too open. 

Soccer really needs an overhaul, it's lost its edge.

690560[/snapback]

I love English attack style soccer! Barcelona is stacked though- they have a great team

I love English attack style soccer!  Barcelona is stacked though- they have a great team

690639[/snapback]

Ya it's attacking, but do any of the teams think about defence???

That's what i love about serie a. Even the small teams pull out wins from the big clubs because they play stingy defence. The Juventus scandal though has tainted my interest quite a bit.

This year I got to sit in the punting section for Arsenal-Fulham and last year I got to see Barcelona play Mallorica at Camp Nu

690638[/snapback]

Man, once again I'm entirely envious of your worldly adventures! That must have been some good times! :ph34r: England is one of the places in Europe I'm going to visit in the next 5-10 years. I'd really like to go take a day at Wimbledon, and I'd REALLY love to see some good Premiership matches. Toss in a nice bit of fish and chips and a few pints, and I'm good to go :doh:

So do you speak any other languages, Pete? Or just make do with English?

Man, once again I'm entirely envious of your worldly adventures!  That must have been some good times! :doh:  England is one of the places in Europe I'm going to visit in the next 5-10 years. I'd really like to go take a day at Wimbledon, and I'd REALLY love to see some good Premiership matches. Toss in a nice bit of fish and chips and a few pints, and I'm good to go :doh: 

690675[/snapback]

to do what? hang out with hooligans :ph34r:

This year I got to sit in the punting section for Arsenal-Fulham and last year I got to see Barcelona play Mallorica at Camp Nu

690638[/snapback]

That is great to be able to see Arsenal in their last year at Highbury. How did you get tickets?

Man, once again I'm entirely envious of your worldly adventures!  That must have been some good times! :ph34r:  England is one of the places in Europe I'm going to visit in the next 5-10 years. I'd really like to go take a day at Wimbledon, and I'd REALLY love to see some good Premiership matches. Toss in a nice bit of fish and chips and a few pints, and I'm good to go :doh: 

690675[/snapback]

ein Heineken bitte

je voudrez heineken sieve plea

quiero heineken por favor

heineken, grazie

heineken proseem, deiku

etc, etc- I know the essentials. Heinkens are delicious in Europe(and 9.9 %)

ein Heineken bitte

heineken, grazie

heineken proseem, deiku

etc, etc- I know the essentials.  Heinkens are delicious in Europe(and 9.9 %)

690874[/snapback]

You should go to the Heineken museum in Amsterdam. I really enjoyed it.

ein Heineken bitte

heineken, grazie

heineken proseem, deiku

etc, etc- I know the essentials.  Heinkens are delicious in Europe(and 9.9 %)

690874[/snapback]

LOL!!! :ph34r:

I am going to Ecuador-Columbia next Wed at the Meadowlands with some friends from Ecuador.  Should be a blast!  I am gonna check out Goal tonight in the theaters

691473[/snapback]

Are they just playing a friendly match? Exhibition? Seems like a long way for them to travel, but the more we can expose the US to quality soccer, the better :P

I'm looking forward to seeing "Goal", too. I actually just saw "The Greatest Game Ever Played" and really enjoyed it. There are some fascinating special features on the disc. It was neat because there were a few plot points that I thought were added in for the sake of the story, but they weren't at all....they really happened. Pretty good film!

Are they just playing a friendly match? Exhibition? Seems like a long way for them to travel, but the more we can expose the US to quality soccer, the better :P

I'm looking forward to seeing "Goal", too. I actually just saw "The Greatest Game Ever Played" and really enjoyed it. There are some fascinating special features on the disc. It was neat because there were a few plot points that I thought were added in for the sake of the story, but they weren't at all....they really happened. Pretty good film!

691491[/snapback]

Its a friendly. I will add that film to my netflix list. I just ordered the book Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby- its about his addiction to Arsenal. I also had this movie recomended to me when I was in Scotland-its supposed to really explain soccer hooligans

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Street

Its a friendly.  I will add that film to my netflix list.  I just ordered the book Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby- its about his addiction to Arsenal.  I also had this movie recomended to me when I was in Scotland-its supposed to really explain soccer hooligans

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Street

691493[/snapback]

Oh yeah, I forgot about that GReen Street flick....I've had it on my Netflix queue for a while, but doesn't come out 'til next month :P I can't wait to see that one. That book you mentioned was recently suggested to me by someone on here, too....I hate that I can't remember who it was, but I think it was probably Nick in England. I think Meazza may have read it too, not sure....but yeah, I have that one on my Amazon list, lol

?? Too open?  Explain........

691619[/snapback]

Seems as if i'm watching MLS :P

I guess i like the way serie A is (defensively) in contrast to spain and england where skilled players thrive.

But like i said before, the scandals in Serie A really killed me. Like i was telling some friends, it's obvious it's fixed.

BUMP

Just because the Champions League Final is today at 2:30pm on ESPN2. Arsenal vs. Barcelona.

I set my VCR so I can watch it after work. (I hope the TIVO nerds will forgive me for still having a VCR).

This should be a classic game.