Deadwood's last season

WTF?  Deadwood is easily the best show on TV.  :D

690242[/snapback]

Amen Brother. Unfortunately, there's a limited audience for smart TV which is why it was on HBO in the first place. It doesn't hold a candle to What About Raymond in ratings.

HBO is always so damn iffy when it comes to their shows, its like when they hit with a great show, they either just cancel it waaaaaay too soon or take an unusually long break in between seasons and damage some of its popularity.

Another example of this is Rome, which wont have its second season out until October of 2007. I know production value for that show is much higher than any other show they've done, but still...thats a LONG time to go from the first season to the second season.

No more "Sopranos" aftet March of next year, no more "Deadwood"....Bill Maher and "Curb... will be the only thing left on HBO worth a crap...

690350[/snapback]

I'll give you this: Bill Maher and "crap" being used in the same sentence is true synergy.

No more "Sopranos" aftet March of next year, no more "Deadwood"....Bill Maher and "Curb... will be the only thing left on HBO worth a crap...

690350[/snapback]

Sopranos has been on 4 seasons too long. Please. HBO can air an entire episode about Artie Bucco's pathetic life and the trials of the Janis and the Baccala family, but they can't renew Deadwood. MFers.

Another example of this is Rome, which wont have its second season out until October of 2007.  I know production value for that show is much higher than any other show they've done, but still...thats a LONG time to go from the first season to the second season.

690252[/snapback]

October 2007?!? Holy crap. I really liked that show.

But don't worry, "Big Love" will be around another season. :D

October 2007?!? Holy crap. I really liked that show.

But don't worry, "Big Love" will be around another season.  :D

690380[/snapback]

Problem with filming new episodes of Rome is they have to rebuild everything. It was all filmed in Italy so its a matter of moving everyone back, putting the sets up again, re-casting a bit (they got an older...late teens/early 20s actor to play Octavian) and all of that jazz. I heard the scripts for the new episodes were done months ago, but the production cost on that show is downright outrageous.

Still though, I think the wait will be worth it.

I'll give you this: Bill Maher and "crap" being used in the same sentence is true synergy.

690352[/snapback]

:D Stick to your boobies!

I know that this board is made up mostly of people who lean toward the left, so I wouldn't expect you to care for Mahr. He is very smart, funny and thought provoking. Sad that he had to move his show to HBO, because the networks (ABC in his case) think that people are too stupid, to be able to handle honest conversation...I guess there is no room for conversation on network tv!