Miami, getting better?

First off, he goes by "Joey." JO-EEEE. As Bill Simmons has said, the dude needs to start by changing his name if he's gonna turn his career around.

Second, Jo-eee is a fuggin coward. He HATES having the ball in his hand, and will do whatever he has to to get it out of there as soon as it's snapped to him.

Jo-eeee will be starting for the Dolphins for at least the first 6 games and perhaps more, and frankly I couldn't think of a less intimidating opponent.

I'm still puzzled as to why they got Culpepper, unless their medical staff was really sure he could come back. I saw a replay of that injury and it was nasty.

I think the Dolphins will be will be good in a weak division, but I doubt they'll go much further, if they can get past the Patriots. And even if Daunte makes it back, he definitely won't be taking the risks he did before.

I'm actually glad the Fins are getting better.....the rivalry is much more fun when they are good as opposed to when they suck. Sure, there is some satisfaction of kicking them when they're down, but not nearly as much fun as how it was back in the late 80's and early 90's when both teams were really strong. It's fine if the Pats and Jets suck, but I want the Fins to be at least half decent. I think sometimes we get confused around here as to who are arch rivals really are.....We have several rivalries, but only one arch rival :ph34r:

As for Harrington, I wish he'd pick another team. I sorta like the guy, so it'll be hard to root against him. But, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do!

I'm still puzzled as to why they got Culpepper, unless their medical staff was really sure he could come back.  I saw a replay of that injury and it was nasty.

I think the Dolphins will be will be good in a weak division, but I doubt they'll go much further, if they can get past the Patriots.  And even if Daunte makes it back, he definitely won't be taking the risks he did before.

690671[/snapback]

I think they were idiots for passing on Brees and going with Daunte. Maybe I'll end up eating those words, but I think Brees is the better QB. Daunte is damaged goods w/out Moss.

I think they were idiots for passing on Brees and going with Daunte. Maybe I'll end up eating those words, but I think Brees is the better QB. Daunte is damaged goods w/out Moss.

690674[/snapback]

I don't think much of Drew Brees but I sincerely hope you're right. Culpepper was/is the most physically gifted qb in the league imo. With the injury to Burelson and no run game to speak of, teams were able to focus solely on culpepper. He'll be surrounded by a much better supporting cast in miami with Chambers/Booker/Ronnie Brown/Randy McMichael.

I was actually worried that Miami was going to win a Super Bowl soon under Saban's leadership until he went out and got Culpepper, who I feel is very shaky and will never lead a team deep into the playoffs. And now we hear Saban's trying to trade for Joey Harrington? Yikes. I think highly of Saban but he's going to have to improve his quarterback judgement before he ever wins anything substantial. For our sake, I hope he never learns.

Culpepper looked horrible last year BEFORE getting injured. And when Brad Johnson came in, the Vikes' offense looked MUCH better with the same personnel. Given that and his horrible injury, I just don't see him returning to the days when he had Moss and Scott Linehan as his OC.

Speaking of Linehan, he was the Dolphins' OC last year and did a great job for them. Losing him was huge, and coupled with them hiring Mularkey to replace him, it's a HUGE downgrade for them. Then add the QB situation (Culpepper on the downside, Harrington a scrub) and losing Ricky (half the Dolphins' rushing production last year), and they should be worse, not better.

The Miami Dolphins are the 2004 Buffalo Bills. They finished the previous season on a hot streak and seem poised to be really good this year. However, what have they really done to improve themselves? They get a QB who is coming off a major knee injury and was horrible before he got hurt (and ruined my fantasy team); another QB who was run out of Detriot after being the 3 overall pick (not a bad move though to get kick out of Detriot and end up in Miami :ph34r: ); lose their best corner and sign a guy who wasn't good enough on a bad Giants secondary; and their 1st round pick has a hip injury and got run over a lot in college. I'm so sick of this Miami and Nick Saban hype. As bad as the Bills were last year, they should have swept the Phins. I love playing them on the road the second week of the season and won't be shocked at all if the Bills beat them. My prediction for the Dolphins 7-9, really gay uniforms, and a stadium half filled with old people and hot chicks. God, I hate the Dolphins. :doh:

The Miami Dolphins are the 2004 Buffalo Bills.  They finished the previous season on a hot streak and seem poised to be really good this year.  However, what have they really done to improve themselves?  They get a QB who is coming off a major knee injury and was horrible before he got hurt (and ruined my fantasy team); another QB who was run out of Detriot after being the 3 overall pick (not a bad move though to get kick out of Detriot and end up in Miami  :doh: ); lose their best corner and sign a guy who wasn't good enough on a bad Giants secondary;  and their 1st round pick has a hip injury and got run over a lot in college.  I'm so sick of this Miami and Nick Saban hype.  As bad as the Bills were last year, they should have swept the Phins.  I love playing them on the road the second week of the season and won't be shocked at all if the Bills beat them.  My prediction for the Dolphins 7-9, really gay uniforms, and a stadium half filled with old people and hot chicks.  God, I hate the Dolphins.  :doh:

690701[/snapback]

Great assessment, C...agree 100%. I'm so fugging sick of the national media fellating the 'felons at every turn that I could puke. :ph34r:

BTW, anyone ever hear Adam Schein on 'Sirius NFL Radio' whenever a Bills fan calls? The next time this arrogant fug says anything positive about the Bills it will be the first.