Game 5: Buffalo at Ottawa, Sat. 7 PM EST

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, on both drury's and pominville's goals, OLN continues to blame emery for not getting cross the net. But, what i saw was both times there were 2 or 3 senators watching the sabre skate with the puck right to the net. Those goals are the defensemen's fault for not putting a body on the skater, not emery.

I just scared the sh-- out of everyone in the house.  Jesus, taking it down the ice, shorthanded, beating three guys, cutting across the ice, and putting it by the goalie's far side.  OH MY GOD, that was a spectacular goal.  :ph34r:

690858[/snapback]

Must you always understate things?!? :doh: Fuggin awesome!!!!!!

I just scared the sh-- out of everyone in the house.  Jesus, taking it down the ice, shorthanded, beating three guys, cutting across the ice, and putting it by the goalie's far side.  OH MY GOD, that was a spectacular goal.  :ph34r:

690858[/snapback]

My neighbors in the apartment next door probably called the cops on me.

When Pominville scored, I yelled and then I grabbed an empty Powerade bottle, started pounding it on my computer desk, and then whipped it off the wall right in front of me. (And, remember, this is in Texas where no one knows hockey exists and there is no reason to celebrate anything.)

This is what I love about hockey.  They "only" have to win eight more games to hoist the cup.  And they CAN do it.  As Rick said, these guys are scary good.

690863[/snapback]

As a Buffalo sports fan, I know we've got a 1 in 100000 chance of watching that happen. But I'll be damned if I'm not convinced we'll draw the right card.

The penalty section of the NHL Rulebook doesn't apply to anyone with the last name of Chara.

690781[/snapback]

Didn't you hear? Chara's lawyers filed a lawsuit against the NHL. They claimed that trying to stuff him into a penalty box was cruel and unusual punishment...and they obviously won...

Of course, win the battle but lose the war...way to go Sabres!

...and 3 full strength goals allowed by the Sabres in the last 4 games against the highest scoring team in the league...not bad....

I had tows all night... Literally, I have been pacing the esplanade (1000' long) here... I must have walked 10 miles during the game... Checkin' on the stream... I told my son to put on channel 68 for the OT... He was a newborn during the last Cup visit... I think there is something in that boy!!!

For OT... I broke the routine and put RJ on to listen... I almost flipped out when McKee took the penalty...

Holy effing sh--... I am gonna hug my boy!

Excuse my dilusional state... It is unlike the others you've seen...

:ph34r::doh:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I just had myself a nice little meltdown here. Thank GOD we got the Sens done and finished with, this series scared the crap out of me.

3 Games this team won in Ottawa, against the #1 seed.

GREAT series, now we play the waiting game with those wacky, wiley Canes and those tough Devils.

Good news is because the Oilers/Sharks are tied up at 2-2, we're guaranteed at least two more games in that series so that'll push off the Conference Final rounds a bit further, let Timmy and hopefully Kalinin come back to us.

Great game. Our guys have lots of guts. To beat probably the most talented team in the league the way we did is fantastic. If we can beat them, we can beat any team in the league.

My neighbors in the apartment next door probably called the cops on me. 

When Pominville scored, I yelled and then I grabbed an empty Powerade bottle, started pounding it on my computer desk, and then whipped it off the wall right in front of me.  (And, remember, this is in Texas where no one knows hockey exists and there is no reason to celebrate anything.)

690862[/snapback]

With the rare "no goal" celebrations. :ph34r:

I woke my wife up...she couldn't make it into overtime. Took me a good minute to detach her from the ceiling.