What would you rather have?

Going into this series it would have been obscene to think the Sabres would sweep the Sens.

They were bound to lose some... Maybe the series... At best two.

So I pose the question... Considering what transpired in game one, what would you rather have... Losing that game and winning game three (tonight)... Or just the way it is playing out?

I always hate seeing them lose on home ice!

Going into this series it would have been obscene to think the Sabres would sweep the Sens.

They were bound to lose some... Maybe the series... At best two.

So I pose the question... Considering what transpired in game one, what would you rather have... Losing that game and winning game three (tonight)... Or just the way it is playing out?

I always hate seeing them lose on home ice!

689868[/snapback]

I'd rather have what's happened.

Playing what ifs sucks.

Guess what? Buffalo 3, Ottawa 1.

I'd take that, no MATTER how it happened, in a heartbeat.

I'd rather have what's happened.

Playing what ifs sucks.

Guess what? Buffalo 3, Ottawa 1.

I'd take that, no MATTER how it happened, in a heartbeat.

689872[/snapback]

True... I agree.

Game 1 was a blessing, a rare bleesing... I just don't know why I feel empty after tonight.

I would have never dreamed of a sweep prior to the series... Yet, I feel empty and the Sabres seem to be back on their heels, even know tonight was NOT a bad outing.

All I want to say at this point is:

"Out damn Senators... OUT DAMN SENS!"

True... I agree.

Game 1 was a blessing, a rare bleesing... I just don't know why I feel empty after tonight.

I would have never dreamed of a sweep prior to the series... Yet, I feel empty and the Sabres seem to be back on their heels, even know tonight was NOT a bad outing.

All I want to say at this point is:

"Out damn Senators... OUT DAMN SENS!"

689876[/snapback]

To be honest, I don't think the Sabres expected it to be like it was either.

The 2nd period Sabres was the team we know and love. They must have kept telling themselves they had the opportunity to sweep the #1 seed.

I bet game 5 is a much different story.

As i stated in another thread (Haruumph!) it's VERY tough to win twice, in consecutive nights, against the same team. Initially this SUCKED for the Sabres as it minimizewd their home ice advantage (IMO, of course). But, since they stole BOTH games in Canada, it actually worked to their advantage (in a way) as it made it VERY unlikely the Sens would steal both in the Bufftown.

Now, the Sabes are in great shape. For my sake, I hope they finish it Saturday.

I'd rather have lost Game 1 with momentum going into Game 5. There wouldn't be nearly as much pressure to prevent a Game 7 that way and the fans would be a lot less scared and probably louder at home for Game 6.

The fact that so few teams have come back from down from 3-0 IMO is largely a product of teams that go up 3-0 being vastly superior to their opponents an overwhelming majority of the time; which is clearly not the case with these two teams.

As i stated in another thread (Haruumph!) it's VERY tough to win twice, in consecutive nights, against the same team.  Initially this SUCKED for the Sabres as it minimizewd their home ice advantage (IMO, of course).  But, since they stole BOTH games in Canada, it actually worked to their advantage (in a way) as it made it VERY unlikely the Sens would steal both in the Bufftown.

Now, the Sabes are in great shape.  For my sake, I hope they finish it Saturday.

689909[/snapback]

Also, a sweep is so tough, considering we were asking the sabres to win 4 straight games against the top team in the conference. Chances were, ottawa was gonna win 1 or 2 games.

Also, a sweep was asking ottawa to LOSE 4 straight games. How many times did that happen to them in the regular season? i'm guessing not many.

I love the rationalization at work here. Classic. It is true that before the series started, any of us would have soiled ourselves at the prospect of a 3-1 lead going back to Ottawa.

Reality, though, is that Buffalo missed a golden opportunity to put the Sens away last night and now Ottawa has new life. Buffalo must play as though the series is 0-0 and forget about "clinching." I don't care that only two teams have come back from 3-0 deficits in the NHL playoffs...if Ottawa wins Game 5 Saturday night, I'll have a very uneasy feeling. I take no consolation in a 3-1 series lead, other than to say it's better to be up than to be down.

You know what I'd really like. I'd like for all the Sabres to use pick sticks and paste those ribbons all over the ice so we can be aware that there is such a thing as cancer. That's what I'd like.

Oh, and world peace too. That would be soooooo nice.

Coming into this series, we should have known that:

1. The Sabres aren't good enough to win four in a row against the Sens.

2. The Sens aren't good enough to win four in a row against the Sabres.

If the Sabres had lost game 1 but won the last three, we'd all be on cloud 9 today.

The Sabres are a damn good hockey team. They're not a fluke and they're not going to blow this.

I'd rather have lost Game 1 with momentum going into Game 5.  There wouldn't be nearly as much pressure to prevent a Game 7 that way and the fans would be a lot less scared and probably louder at home for Game 6. 

The fact that so few teams have come back from down from 3-0 IMO is largely a product of teams that go up 3-0 being vastly superior to their opponents an overwhelming majority of the time; which is clearly not the case with these two teams.

690052[/snapback]

That was my thinking when I posted the thread... I like Dean's viewpoint though.

:D

Coming into this series, we should have known that:

1.  The Sabres aren't good enough to win four in a row against the Sens.

2.  The Sens aren't good enough to win four in a row against the Sabres.

If the Sabres had lost game 1 but won the last three, we'd all be on cloud 9 today.

The Sabres are a damn good hockey team.  They're not a fluke and they're not going to blow this.

690149[/snapback]

Thanks! As much as the Sens scare me... I love this encouragement!

Go Sabres!

Thanks!  As much as the Sens scare me... I love this encouragement!

Go Sabres!

690494[/snapback]

Someone called Shoop and the Bulldog this afternoon (I've been listening to WGR online for the entire playoffs) and made the exact same point - the Sabres and Sens are each too good to win four in a row against each other. It's possible they'd just seen my post but I like that someone else maybe had the same thought.

Someone called Shoop and the Bulldog this afternoon (I've been listening to WGR online for the entire playoffs) and made the exact same point - the Sabres and Sens are each too good to win four in a row against each other.  It's possible they'd just seen my post but I like that someone else maybe had the same thought.

690526[/snapback]

I like the reasoning... Even going back in the season... The Sens blew the Sabres out a couple of time... The the Sabres bounced back... Even if it was a 5-3 split in favor of the bad guys. Right now they sit at 6-6 split for the season and playoffs... Right down the middle!

I know I sound like a cassandra, I don't mean to... Playoff hockey is just too intense and addicting. I wish I can save the heart palputations and do a Rip Van Winkle through this series... I WANNA KNOW THE END RESULT NOW!... :D:D