Willis

I have been reading all the posts on Willis. Willis is 24. He has been a pampered athlete. The sh-- is about to hit the fan either this season or next. This season he must learn a new system. Even sleep walking he should get at least 1000 yards. I think next year his contract is up. He will be a second year in the system. The o-line and qb situation should be squared away. The offense will be hand the ball to Willis and run right, hand the ball to Willis to run left, or hand the ball to Willis to run up the gut. Either he will become the best back in the league or not. It will not be due to a lack of carries. I think we should have drafted a rb to push and motivate Willis. Lendale White in the second round would have been nice. The new Bills regime will not give Willis the big bucks if he can't produce on the field. Remember Bruce Smith was not a model citizen, but come game day, he was a force to be reckoned with.

Willis has already made his statement as far as committment.

New coaching staff, new system, new gm. The "right" thing for any starting RB in the NFL to do would be to step up to the plate and show you care. Show your passion, show the new staff that you're on board. Not Willis. This guy has missed most of the OTAs, voluntary or not, I don't care. Actions speak louder than anything and Willis' actions (or lack thereof) have made a statement. What do you think the coaching staff makes of this guy? Of course, publically they are going to take the high road and extoll his virtues. But, let's take a peak at reality. They can't be excited that Willis is not attending the OTAs. And, what are his teammates thinking? You have an offensive line that has been much maligned, but have been busting their balls, while Willis basks in the sunshine of Florida. If you were in this position, wouldn't you want to be with the Oline... the guys that open the holes for you? Wouldn't you want to show support and solidarity with them? Wouldn't you want to bond with your teammates?

As far as I can see, Willis is Willis... and that's just the way he is... a selfish cockbite that only cares for himself. He did nothing to earn his salary in year one, he earned his salary in year two, and tanked it in year 3. Now in year 4, it appears that he does not want to be in Buffalo... at all.

He's no Thurman Thomas... he'd defend his offensive line, and put the blame on himself. He'd encorage them and bond with them. No way Willis is cut from that cloth. He has no leadership ability or charisma... and no interest in being a team player. He may be a running back, but he is not a football player.

Let's face it... Willis will not be with the Bills after his contract expires... and maybe before then.

I smell a rat... and I smell a running back in next year's draft.

The "U" guys all practice in Miami. It's just what they do. The program they train under is tougher and more regimented than some pro programs. Let's not read more into it than necessary........ I know, this is a hopeless cause. :D

The "U" guys all practice in Miami. It's just what they do. The program they train under is tougher and more regimented than some pro programs. Let's not read more into it than necessary........ I know, this is a hopeless cause.  :D

690513[/snapback]

Why stick up for corrupt politicians like Willis who consistently abuse the public's trust? Willis has been doing this for thirty years - first he made Bethlehem Steel leave town, now he's ruining WNY's second-best Public Entitlement.