Game 4: Ottawa at Buffalo 7PM EST

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It aint ovah until the fat lady sings.  Sabres got to show a killer edge and find a way to finish off a dangerous Senators team. It's going to be a real test tomorrow night, thats for sure.

688886[/snapback]

Yep. But although I won't say that Buffalo will definitely win tomorrow, I do definitely expect Lindy to have them focused and in a position to win tomorrow.

It aint ovah until the fat lady sings.  Sabres got to show a killer edge and find a way to finish off a dangerous Senators team. It's going to be a real test tomorrow night, thats for sure.

688886[/snapback]

Please, someone remind us that the Sabres could easily be down 3-0, or 2-1 in this series....then everyone else chime in about how lucky the Sabres are to be ahead, remind us that "Miller sucks, just not as bad as Emery", Charra is a "freak", how great the Ottawa defense plays, tell us what a great hockey team Ottawa is......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :devil:

Please, someone remind us that the Sabres could easily be down 3-0, or 2-1 in this series....then everyone else chime in about how lucky the Sabres are to be ahead, remind us that "Miller sucks, just not as bad as Emerey", tell us what a great hockey team Ottawa is......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :devil:

689058[/snapback]

Three one-goal games, two that went into overtime. They could easily be down 3-0. And Ottawa is a great hockey team...with Hasek in goal. With Emery, they're just damned good. Both teams are damned good, in fact...this is a more even match-up than I expected.

The key difference is, though, that the Sabres are good and lucky, Ottawa isn't. And I'd rather be lucky than good any day... :angry:

Three one-goal games, two that went into overtime.  They could easily be down 3-0.  And Ottawa is a great hockey team...with Hasek in goal.  With Emery, they're just damned good.  Both teams are damned good, in fact...this is a more even match-up than I expected.

The key difference is, though, that the Sabres are good and lucky, Ottawa isn't.  And I'd rather be lucky than good any day...  :devil:

689099[/snapback]

We have another 8 hours of kissing Ottawas' behinds, before we gloat!

Yes, twice.  Don't ask me who, I just heard it quoted somewhere.  But I'm sure one of the instances was against the Sabres, and involved some sort of fictitious goal of some sorts...  :devil:

689134[/snapback]

LOL

That's the spirit!!

The Islanders in 1975 and the leafs in 1942 only teams to come back from 0-3 to win a cup playoff series.  Only other major sport, Red Sox over Yankees.

689145[/snapback]

Prior to the NHL expanding the 1st round of the playoffs to a best of 7 in '87, the 2 3-0 comebacks were the only 2 times a team had ever come back from 3-1 or worse in the NHL playoffs.

In '87, the Isles beat Washington in the the 4th OT on La-la's goal, after having trailed the series 3-1.

Detroit paid back the Loafs in the next round repeating the Isles trick (minus the OT heroics).

Coming back from down 3-1 has become fairly common in the NHL since '87, but it was truly rare prior to that.

In '87, the Isles beat Washington in the the 4th OT on La-la's goal, after having trailed the series 3-1.

689201[/snapback]

I was at that game...got over at 2:00 AM...the scoreboard, at midnight, read: "Happy Easter!"

The next day, Easter Sunday, I went to Baltimore for a doubleheader vs. the Tribe.

Ahhh, the good 'ol days of being single! :devil: