LOST Episode 221 - "?"

duey

Is Libby dead?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Is Libby dead?

• Yes
    • No

The preview would lead one to believe that Eko does a humpty-dumpty. Also shows Michael in the armory/jail.

As the season winds down in the next few weeks, there will be a lot of stuff happening b/c the writers will want everyone talking over the summer.

Day-um, there's a lot of stuff to digest.

The psychic Claire went to says he's a fake, that he lies and just takes people's money.... Why then was he so adament w/ Claire? As I remember in that ep, he was shocked; maybe it was the first time he really had a vision? But there's been a little discussion whether he's involved in Dharma.

A little more of Eko's backstory. But the question remains why he had to go to LA. When he and Locke were at the plane and after Locke's dream, I was getting the sense that history would repeat itself, jogged along a bit by Locke's tired/memorized performance line that "Boone was a sacrifice that the island demanded." Again, Locke fails to tell the person doing the climbing the whole truth, especially with regards to seeing said climber die. And, a really dumb thing for Locke to do; imagine him accompanying two people in the space of a few weeks island-time, who fell in the same spot. Might raise a couple of red flags, ya think?

What they find in the ? hatch... A viewing station, where the only working television is for the Swan hatch. Another orientation film that now features a "Mark Whit----?" in a tweed coat who before was Dr. Marvin Candle in a lab jacket; and again, the tape was damaged in a certain spot. Despite Eko's faith that it's something more (a Purpose for the lost souls of the island), I remain convinced that it's an experiment to see if they'll push the button. So, in this hatch, the Pearl, it was set up for viewing, yet there was a camera in it, too. Maybe someone's watching the watchers?

So, in this hatch, the Pearl, it was set up for viewing, yet there was a camera in it, too. Maybe someone's watching the watchers?

688790[/snapback]

No maybe about it. The Pearl is not the brains of the opperation -- I don't even think the other end of the pnuematic tubes are the brains either.

My take was that the Pearl, like the Swann, is a test to see if the people will actually record everything. It too is a "test".

Think about it this way: if they have video cameras monitoring the Swann, why would they need people to observe and record the event into notebooks? Why not video tape it and send the tapes to the people at the other end of the pnuematic tubes? If observation were truly the end game of the Dharma Initiative, then they would not entrust it to two people in a hatch writing down what they see rather than utilizing videotapes and other advanced technologies. It's all one big mind !@#$, the people in the Pearl are just made to think they are the "important" ones.

Also, it's interesting to note that the Pearl, at the center of everything, is only station 5 of 6 according to the Orientation tape.

6 TV screens show up, one of them lights up. If you click it 4 times, it turns green, and moves. Guess what needs to be done then? Click the next screen 8 times. The next one 15, 16, you get it.

It gives you a code, and then a link, I'm investigating now.

Think about it this way: if they have video cameras monitoring the Swann, why would they need people to observe and record the event into notebooks? Why not video tape it and send the tapes to the people at the other end of the pnuematic tubes? If observation were truly the end game of the Dharma Initiative, then they would not entrust it to two people in a hatch writing down what they see rather than utilizing videotapes and other advanced technologies. It's all one big mind !@#$, the people in the Pearl are just made to think they are the "important" ones.

688936[/snapback]

That's why I am thinking somewhere there's a recording of Michael going postal.

Can someone tell me how the episode ended, I watched the Sabres game but my DVR cut the episode off. The last thing I saw was Hurley asking Jack if he could talk to Libby.

689044[/snapback]

Libby wakes briefly, says "Michael," and dies. Hurley cries. John and Eko walking back from The Pearl.