Whitner vs Huff

Hmm.  You don't say...  shocker!  :doh:

688867[/snapback]

:w00t:

Me too, we've had such good luck with Texas players ...

689388[/snapback]

Hrm, who have we had other than Mr. Williams?

Didn't we have a high draft pick from Texas recently?  Who the !@#$ was that again?

689896[/snapback]

Again, who other than Mr. Williams has failed us?

I have another question about Whitner.  I buddy of mine insists that Whitner is deaf, has anyone else heard this rumor?  Not that it matters, just wondering.  Could be difficult to hear coverage changes and such.  If he has made it this far though, I doubt it really has affected him if indeed he is.

688985[/snapback]

Gullable is written on your ceiling. :w00t:

Ahhhhh, but you forgot, Donte is a "reach"!!!  We overpaid.  :D

688859[/snapback]

Nobody said Donte couldn't play.

The odds were very high the Bills could have drafted Whitner at #15 and picked up an additional 2nd and 4th rounder from the Broncos.

This was a calculated risk that Marv passed up. I guess a 5-11 team need not take any chances to improve?

They give away Moulds for a 5th rounder, but pass up two additional high picks rather than drop down 7 spots.

These kind of decisions do not bode well for the Bills future. Bad strategy.

Yes, Donte could be a Hall of Famer, but the point remains that they could have still got him and improved their draft class.

Teams are built through the draft. The Bills blew a golden opportunity and I didn't even mention the mishandling of the McCargo pick.

The odds were very high the Bills could have drafted Whitner at #15 and picked up an additional 2nd and 4th rounder from the Broncos.

Do we really need another thread to discuss the trade-down scenario? :D

Does your 'The odds were very high' statement also base on mock drafts and Mort's reports? Or did you have access to the draft boards of teams picked after #8? :D

I've taken the liberty of editing your post to make it more correct.

The odds were very high (according to what some reporters have said) the Bills could have drafted Whitner at #15 and picked up an additional 2nd and 4th rounder from the Broncos. Of course the Bills, who probaly know a LOT more than the reporters, claim he would have likely been taken before then and they REALLY wanted Donte.

This was a calculated risk that Marv passed up. I guess a 5-11 team need not take any chances to improve? Or perhaps staying and taking Donte was the calculated risk.

They give away Moulds for a 5th rounder, but pass up two additional high picks rather than drop down 7 spots. Of course, they probably made these moves to get players who they've identified will help this team become much better than 5-11.

These kind of decisions do not bode well for the Bills future. Bad strategy, if you believe the pundits and reporters who grade drafts before a player takes a step on an NFL field.

Yes, Donte could be a Hall of Famer, but the point remains that they could have still got him and improved their draft class, or not, if you believe the Bills.

Teams are built through the draft. The Bills blew a golden opportunity and I didn't even mention the mishandling of the McCargo pick. Or perhaps they had one of the best drafts of any team considering the vaule they got in later rounds.  You see, I don't really know what the hell I'm talking about.

690222[/snapback]

See...isn't that much mo better. :D

This was a calculated risk that Marv passed up. I guess a 5-11 team need not take any chances to improve?

They give away Moulds for a 5th rounder, but pass up two additional high picks rather than drop down 7 spots.

Yes, Donte could be a Hall of Famer, but the point remains that they could have still got him and improved their draft class.

Teams are built through the draft. The Bills blew a golden opportunity and I didn't even mention the mishandling of the McCargo pick.

690222[/snapback]

Both Whitner and McCargo are potential probowl players. We shall see, if so doesn't matter where they were picked. Nor does the fact that we could have had another pick who may have been a flop and missed out on Whitner.

690222[/snapback]

In your opinion the bills blew a golden opportunity...you wont know that for about 3 years.....

It could just be that the lakers have found both of their starting safeties, 2 starting defensive tackles, a starting cornerback, and a special teams demon in Kieth Ellison

The O linemen are harder to gauge.....but if it turns out THIS way then this becomes a very successfull draft

It could just be that the lakers have found both of their starting safeties, 2 starting defensive tackles, a starting cornerback, and a special teams demon in Kieth Ellison

690330[/snapback]

Could it be that the Lakers are unhappy with LeBron James' work as goalie?